Newbie,

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Shane_90
cars: 93 VR Commodore

Re: Newbie,

Post by Shane_90 »

antus wrote:11P - make sure you have the PCM jumper set, that is a hardware setting required for the '424 PCM.
Yep I left that jumper alone. Just got home from a decent drive no issues, figured I would connect the read/write jumper and now it appears to be in limp mode as the fan starts up and the car wont start. Disconnect the read/write jumper car runs fine again
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Certainly strange. Check for a short or wiring problem on the RW wire on the PCM. Check that its not shorting to the case when the PCM is in the metal case.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Shane_90
cars: 93 VR Commodore

Post by Shane_90 »

I was cautious of this when I added the wire on the back and have used some insulating tape on the case to protect that area as a precaution. Iv reseated everything all the jumpers, memcal etc. Its now starting fine with jumper connected on the RW header and blue light on. Maybe it was just a bad connection somehow. I haven't tried to make any changes or connected the laptop yet, I'm trying to be kind to the neighbors.

Really appreciate the help Antus,