tprt vs kalmaker

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

tprt vs kalmaker

Post by sprattzvx »

from those using/used both, looking for some more opinions on which is better. not sure which way to go. considering the change to kalmaker hearing good things about it, apart from the dos based software bullshit.
for vx memcal based, although its a 2000 model vx and is identified by flashtool as vt, so might work with tp plugin for realtime + logging simultaneous.
Holden202T

Re: tprt vs kalmaker

Post by Holden202T »

if kalmaker was something that worked on a current model laptop then it might be something i'd consider, but i'd also i find it hard to justify the cost even then!
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

The VX L67 software is almost the same as VT, they use the same PCM.
There is a VX L67 realtime modded bin here : https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=613
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

charlay86 wrote:The VX L67 software is almost the same as VT, they use the same PCM.
There is a VX L67 realtime modded bin here : https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=613
Yep thats the bin im using. I know you can use flash to upload the cal, but If i try realtime without flash straight through tprt, and it doesnt write correctly due to bus chatter, will the nvram become corrupt? And if so i can just whack the nvram i my willem and re write the modded rt bin correct? Too do this i need the correct adapter for nv to willem, which i think the1 has for sale.
Cheers thanks for tolerating my pestering, just wanna to make sure i get where i wanna go without wasting coin then not being happy with how shit works, i seem to do that alot.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

RT using TunerPro and the NVRAM does not work like the early models yet, at this stage the only way you can get it to work is to disable the bus chatter by removing the PCM from the bus.

Its pretty hard to corrupt the NVRAM from a dodgy write, every packet is checked for a valid address and checksum. While not impossible for a rouge packet to get through it does reduce the chances. If you do corrupt the NVRAM you just reprogram it in the willem. Just make sure you carry a spare get you home memcal in the car.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

VL400 wrote:RT using TunerPro and the NVRAM does not work like the early models yet, at this stage the only way you can get it to work is to disable the bus chatter by removing the PCM from the bus.

Its pretty hard to corrupt the NVRAM from a dodgy write, every packet is checked for a valid address and checksum. While not impossible for a rouge packet to get through it does reduce the chances. If you do corrupt the NVRAM you just reprogram it in the willem. Just make sure you carry a spare get you home memcal in the car.
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... ter#p15519

Like discussed here, is it feasible to have the bcm on a switch. Search didnt return any results for how to remove bcm from the bus for tuning.
So the bcm listens for silence and starts chattering if no activity is picked up even when using the plugin for datalogg/emulation at the same time.
DAMM YOU EVIL BCM BASTARDS.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes it is feasible. You may be able to get away with just leaving it logging also as the logging portion should silence the bus and keep it quite, but unfortunately the only delco car I have is 808 based, so I have not been able to get first hand experience with this. If your happy and able to add a switch, then that will be a workable solution. Depending how much boost you want to run, you may hit the factory code limits. 8psi will be safe but if you want to go above that, then kalmaker is probably the better option. Unless others here can advise otherwise. I know there has been some experimentation.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

antus wrote:Yes it is feasible. You may be able to get away with just leaving it logging also as the logging portion should silence the bus and keep it quite, but unfortunately the only delco car I have is 808 based, so I have not been able to get first hand experience with this. If your happy and able to add a switch, then that will be a workable solution. Depending how much boost you want to run, you may hit the factory code limits. 8psi will be safe but if you want to go above that, then kalmaker is probably the better option. Unless others here can advise otherwise. I know there has been some experimentation.
Well the realtime board should be here by friday, so i guess we'll find out if the logging shuts up the bcm, and if not i am absolutely willing to switch the bcm, provided i can find the right information on the wiring used by the bcm to interface with the pcm.
Regarding the boost thing, i see 8psi in the manifold as it is, with a static pulley rating of 13 psi or 79mm. Which is why i thought it was more to do with maff maxing out at 245gs, or 10500 hrtz , both of which i can hit by 4500 rpm on a cool night. Apparently, its around 200 rwkw maxed. But i dont understand how they can make that assumption, if one car is maxing the maf on 8 degrees timing, and another on 20, then theres gonna be a large power difference the two identical maxed mafs will make on the same air flow..true?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah, large power difference but no air flow difference. Just one has a shit tune and is, lets say, sub optimal.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I never got a massive chance to test MAF theory on how much boost it can handle & whether a bigger maf will allow any more?

But I believe there's people out there with 12Psi at manifold & cooler & maf coming close to limit?

With the nv-ram if it get corrupted you CANT use an adapter on it for the willem, it may get fried with pin swapping! The nv-ram has legs on it & needs to be put in the programmer natively!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag