My First Tune 12P

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Holden202T

Re: My First Tune 12P

Post by Holden202T »

what manifold is on it ?

I've experienced similar stuff with a 4 barrel throttle body, I ended up cutting a bigger hole in the gasket where it bleeds the IAC from because the passage was too small, so the IAC was over reacting before the air feed could catch up ... not sure if your situation is the same but if you are not able to get it to idle hot and cold with not more than 100-150 steps there has to be something else wrong.....

also what idle timing are you running ? this could help too ? and what AFR at idle ?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Thanks mate. Its running the COME TTB manifold. With the extra steps its consistent now with sbout 30 steps when hot. Idle AFR is 14:1 and 27 deg timing.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

haha that peice of crap .... such a strange design with the IAC at the back ... having to either run it to open air or a separate filter or run a pipe over to the main air filter :S
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

We've got this one with a filter screwed into the thread at the rear. A flush fitting mesh gauze type.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I havent ran this bin yet but im pretty confident it will be the final. I will log it again in summer when i can get the charge temp up a bit.
Pretty cold here in south west victoria.
I dont have a log to go with it.
Please pick over it let me no if what you think if ive missed anything or done something stupid.
A log will be a few weeks off he has the gear box out and fitting a T56. Im hoping to talk him into a dyno run to get a brag reading off it.
Attachments
35512PDHNET.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Good work on this one Dylan! :thumbup:

I have just got my 808 RT 12P setup this weekend in my 355 VN Calais and used this bin as a base to see if I could get to run. (thanks VL400 :) )

Success!

Fired up sweet and runs and idles @ around 65kpa and about 1050rpm. Running banana's and 931 LS1 injectors @ the moment. Only slight change to kinjflow @ 0.117 to suit so far. Cam is custom grind in between or around Crane 288, 286 and Crow 5806. Heads are bigger valve with good port speed etc.

Waiting on my Spartan 2 and then its time to see if I can tune her :geek:

Thanks for sharing this one...

Might try the VK355 12P bin you did also and I will start a thread soon to share my adventures as I'm in process of building a new VT roller with all the good gear and want to learn this now so I can tune it once built.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Glad you had a win with it. I think the LS1 injectors are similair to the blue tops we used here.
The VK355 bin is an update to this one. Only slight fine tuning.

When you get your spartan make sure you set the wideband 0 5 volt this tune has some offsets in it.
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Thanks mate,

I did a quick compare on this bin and the VK355 bin and figured you have just tweaked the VK355 version as there wasn't many changes overall.

So I then tried the VK355 tune with straight up and then with 0.1170 kinjflow in A/F and it likes this better at idle so I think I will use as the base once wideband gets here.

I have a COME Eeprom that was pretty close that I am going to log with a VR $12 ADX to see what its doing well and what its not doing well. Also, end of the day the banana's are not going to help :wall: , but will still give me the experience I need before getting stuck into new engine next year.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah dead right, learn how to do it all before you start modifying the motor too much!
v8-tuning
cars: 304 commodore

Post by v8-tuning »

I got the come racing ttb,i found their filter very restrictive for the iac.
I removed it and what a difference.
Need to put a little k&n filter on it.
It would idle too low when cold and was commanding alot of steps.
I also got that lean spike around 2200 rpm at part throttle.
They aren't the best manifold around but they fit nice under bonnet
and don't have the heat soak issues like the stock manifold.