My First Tune 12P

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Holden202T

Re: My First Tune 12P

Post by Holden202T »

might also be worth pulling it and giving it a good throttle body cleaner hit, might just be jammed up if your lucky!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Gave it a clean even a little bit of grease to see if it helped. It extends after I force it in but that's it.
Sounds like we need a new one.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Jayme wrote:ill be interested to see how the WOT looks when fully tuned. in that log I dont see any WOT runs from low RPM where you will encoutner the spike I did.

heres my early tune to suit a 355 with come racing manifold. note the massive spike at low rpm. believe it or not... the wideband is a dead straight line with that mountain range of a 100kpa VE.
355-come racing.png

Im starting to get a trend in this map aswell, but its showing up at 2600rpm right across the map from 20 - 100kpa.

Still logging and smoothing i will post back when i mhave more. Very strange though wideband goes from 13.8 15.2 13.8 all from 2400 - 2800 rpm and thats at 60kpa (14.7 is commanded) i havent got a WOT throttle log open but 100kpa is similair.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

its common for there to be a bit of a dip around that RPM. build one in to your tune and it'll be right.

You might find it ends up something like this:
ve.png
ve.png (44.27 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks mate, ive been a bit weary of some odd shapes and keep trying to smoth them out but after countless logs (and 10 bin's) in around 4 weekends they keep coming back so best to roll with them i guess. Im pretty hung up on a nice neat graph, because i want to put the bin in the cusom tune section once finished so want it right AND looking good.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the graph above is still neat and nice and smooth
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Ive noticed hor ruff the factory ones are. maybe im going to far this is from my next bin. Going to got back over the logs from the last bin again.
Last one was pretty close i think. Worst part is i have no idea how far off target AFR is acceptable, spot on i guess?

Still got AE to look at most parts of the rev range it's adding around a 3 afr increase. Im tipping thats way to much.
next ve trial.png
next ve trial.png (44.38 KiB) Viewed 4858 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

How close is up to you (and the limitations of your wideband). I'd say close in and see whats possible. Start with better than 2 points (im sure your already there), then 1 point, then 0.5, sooner or later you'll realise your making no more head way and the engine is running pretty good and you'll decide "thats done!". I think perfect is not a reasonable expectation, as there will always be slight inaccuracies in fuel delivery, fuel pressure, voltage offsets affecting temp senders etc. I'd say within 0.5 of target is decent, maybe 0.2 is a really really good tune with good condition/accurate hardware. I dont think you'll get repeatable results much beyond that even with the best engine hardware and sensors which will mean a closer tune is not possible. But if your still going and its still getting closer, keep trying.

I suspect your engine will need a bit more of a visible dip close along that 2600 rpm row, and it may be slightly wider too. If you cant see it in the logs clearly, you can also take an educated guess then take another log and observe the result for better or worse.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I wont be back at the car untill next weekend, im thinking of trying to set up message 6 commands. More so for the top end this thing revs very quick im noticing different readings in third gear compared to first in hi rpm WOT
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

theres a guy on aussie v8 just taken his come manifold off and fitted TP dual plane gained 37hp up top and 50 hp everywhere down low shows how much a manifold can kill power
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem