VE by Histogram for $11P

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
pricemyster
cars: KE30 corolla with 5L

VE by Histogram for $11P

Post by pricemyster »

Seen a couple of "VE by Histogram.xls" floating around. Does anyone have one already set up for the $11P AFR/VE resolutions?

Thank you
Jason
pricemyster

Re: VE by Histogram for $11P

Post by pricemyster »

All sorted I just modified the 12P version. Will post later so it can be checked and added to the $11P for others to use.
pricemyster

Post by pricemyster »

Here is a histogram for $11P. Also added a VE table smoother to get rid of spikes easily.

Cheers
Attachments
VE by Histogram $11P.xls
(182.5 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nice work :thumbup:

The histogram in TunerPro is configurable so you can make the columns/rows match the VE table to not need anything tricky in excel interpolating cells. There is also a calculated VE (calcVE) item logged that is the error from your wideband vs target. Using the average function in the TP histogram can get the 'new' VE value. Its not a perfect solution though, things like AE and DE/DFCO influence the wideband readings away from target and if closed loop is enabled will appear to have a spot on VE table. TunerPro also has a smooth function after pasting in values.
pricemyster

Post by pricemyster »

Mmm I see. Glad I didn't personally put too much work into it (just some cut/pasting of old 12P spreadsheet to match the row/columns) and the VE smoother came from nissan guys (just expanded too match).

Is this information below all related to 11P? I see in 12P you can edit the XDF's and adjust rows etc but the 11P XDF was password protected.

Also had a look at my logs and could not find any calcVE. Sounds much more simple aside from the fact its a skid car so most of my logs are laden with AE/DE.......If study the logs a bit and only play the parts with constant throttle that I believe have no AE/DE (so only the trustworthy parts contribute to the average) it seems to work well. Has got my fuel much closer after only a few attempts.

I did see the smooth function but was not wise enough to figure out how to use it. I see now smooth with 0.7 seems to be the magic number everyone uses. I did mess with the whole VE so it looked like a porcupine, and the simple excel method made it look much better.

Thanks for the info.
Jason
VL400 wrote:Nice work :thumbup:

The histogram in TunerPro is configurable so you can make the columns/rows match the VE table to not need anything tricky in excel interpolating cells. There is also a calculated VE (calcVE) item logged that is the error from your wideband vs target. Using the average function in the TP histogram can get the 'new' VE value. Its not a perfect solution though, things like AE and DE/DFCO influence the wideband readings away from target and if closed loop is enabled will appear to have a spot on VE table. TunerPro also has a smooth function after pasting in values.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

You need to edit the ADX file for the histogram, the XDF table sizes are all fixed by the bin. Open the 11P ADX and click the little cog button in the toolbar (next to the button to start/stop logging), under histograms you will find a few that can be edited to suit what you want, can also make your own too.

Just checked, in the 11P ADX its called Calculated VE not CalcVE like 12P. Does the same thing, just named differently.
pricemyster

Post by pricemyster »

Now I got it, thanks for that extremely useful info. If that in any of the manuals? After hours of analysing WB logs and manual adjustments to VE table, I just did a very quick one using the Calculated VE method, and ended up with almost identical VE tables, so good learning curve. My main issue was trying not to stray away from the default ADX at all (to avoid user error etc and make it easier for questions to be answered).

I have a couple of quick questions:
1. Is there any particular reason why the default adx's don't have X/Y values that match the VE/AFR tables?
2. Why do target AFR's differ so much between 11P and 12P? 11P max's at 13:1 (with a coulpe random 13.4's) where is 12P gets down to 12.5?
Is this stuff just based on original Holden Bins?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my queries.
Jason
VL400 wrote:You need to edit the ADX file for the histogram, the XDF table sizes are all fixed by the bin. Open the 11P ADX and click the little cog button in the toolbar (next to the button to start/stop logging), under histograms you will find a few that can be edited to suit what you want, can also make your own too.

Just checked, in the 11P ADX its called Calculated VE not CalcVE like 12P. Does the same thing, just named differently.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

depends on the ADX, mostly when new ones have been made we made sure all the logged values were reading right, so offsets and calculations etc .... but a lot of the ADX's started life as another model car and just get changed for new ones, as a result the histograms only usually get changed by the end user and often when this happens we don't see it afterwards.

also things like $11/12P have added resolution in the tables which is not in the original GM calibrations, which is usually what the first ADX is based on.

I personally have tried to update histograms as I go when I was testing $12P for VL400 and some of those are in the original zip file you get, more so methanol and e85 ones etc .....

target AFR's will depend on the motor/gearbox combination to a point, I know there are a lot of differences between auto/manual tunes and some of these are to compensate for the differences in load from auto to manual and stuff like that to make them drive smoothly.

and yes generally all the tunes BLCD etc are the original GM bin ID with the additions of the boost and other things that VL400 has added.
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Post by BARBS »

Hi all,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but can anyone tell me if there is an XDF for $11p that has better resolution in the boost VE and spark tables etc?
I have been tuning the car but it is quite hard to get it working right with my can setup etc. and 30kPa steps in the tables. Are there any available that have 10kPa steps up to 200kPa?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Your bin is set incorrectly for the MAP sensor. Notice how it goes to 400kPa, should be 200kPa for 2 bar and 300kPa for 3 bar.

A:B Clear = 1Bar
A Set = 2Bar
B Set = 3Bar
A:B Set = Invalid (and what you have)