MadMax 355ci VN Calais - Tune 12P v112

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Jervies
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor

Re: MadMax 355ci VN Calais

Post by Jervies »

diagrams seam to indicate that you can but i would use it to trigger another relay and power your fan that way.
hows the tune going? got any logs and a map to post yet?
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Jervies wrote:diagrams seam to indicate that you can but i would use it to trigger another relay and power your fan that way.
hows the tune going? got any logs and a map to post yet?
Thanks mate.

There is space in the fuse box right next to the fan relay so that was my plan, but I wanted to know if the A/c will affect it when on etc or if putting an extra wire into pin on ecu was a better option so I have 2 separate circuits and settings etc.

Tune needs fans to move forward so once I get sorted I will put a few logs up. :thumbup:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah my preference would be to wire in a second relay to turn fan on independent of the A/C fan.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Use a spare flex output and configure it to operate at the temp you want, then as suggested install a totally separate relay and loom for the new engine cooling fan. There is no hysteresis on the flex outputs (the low speed fan logic was replaced by a flex output in 12P) so it will cycle on and off quicker but will still work ok.

This leaves the A/C fan alone so it can still work correctly and your not running a giant fan just for the condenser. You can still set the A/C fan (or high speed fan in TunerPro) on temperature as a kind of backup/secondary fan.
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Thanks VL400!

Found this thread and it makes sense now. :afro:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4266&hilit=flex+output
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Question for the experts:

I want to use the original injector retaining clips on the L67 Bosch 0280155811 or 0280155868 injectors to ensure they are secured to factory fuel rail.

I understand I need to put an extra groove in the injector as per the factory 19lbs injectors. Do I use a pipe cutter or hacksaw to do this? Has anyone got some tips to do it correctly such as the height from top of injector or process to make sure I don't damage etc.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

I use a pipe cutter to create the grove and then if need be, use another blade to widen it for the clip.
A pipe cutter ensures the grove is uniform all the way around.
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Cheers mate.
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Just doing some flex tables to control fans for the thermos on rad and trans oil cooler.

I have 2x wires from the A4 and A3 pins on harness to engine bay.

1. Started on A4 with new relay on fan.
2. Power to 85, flex wire A4 to 86 and fan positive to 87.
3. Updated cal with CTS vs CTS in table A. Added 100% field to all cells in table and uploaded to the car.

No dice.

Tried the A3 table just in case. No dice!

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong guys?

I have a new thermo that works fine if I override with switch so it's not the relay or the fans.

Got me stuffed and I just know I am doing something a$$ about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Questions: (just paranoid I will fry the 808)
1. What is the best way to test the A4 & A3 flex wires are working with my multimeter?
2. What would the best fields be to test this is working? X & Y order etc.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by madmaxisback on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
madmaxisback
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Did all this as per VL400 post on another thread:

1 - Get the current cal using the flashtool
2 - Under Binary Functions select Flexible Output Editor
3 - Load the Cal file from step one
4 - Setup the table how you want - select the output, choose the axis (for fan control can be Coolant Temp vs anything you want including Coolant Temp for a psuedo 2D lookup), optionally select active only with engine run and for a on/off relay select Digital On/Off output
5 - Save the Cal file
6 - Modify the XDF, select the 12P XDF and let it setup the axis headers etc according to what you just setup. Save it as a new file name if you want
7 - Write the cal to the ECU so what you just setup is current (dont worry about the actual table contents yet)

Now when you open TP select your modified XDF and the flex table you just setup will have the correct table headers. If you now connect to the ECU the table can be populated with your fan setup.

NB: The output is earthed when active.

No dice!