Help Identifying a bin

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Lawso
cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Help Identifying a bin

Post by Lawso »

I have had a car arrive to tune. It's running an 808 ecu that has been previously been played with.
The car has multiple issues, so I decided to read the bin of the memcal to try to see what had been done.

After trying with a number of XDF's I have been unable to read the bin.

I opened it with a hex editor, and in the last row of the bin, it says OSE12Pro Flash OSE12Pro Prog.

I tried using the ose xdf, but maybe this bin was created with an earlier version or it may be corrupted?

If anyone can suggest which XDF to use I would appreciate it. A copy of the bin is attached.
Attachments
vk twin throt read.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: Help Identifying a bin

Post by vlt304 »

looks incomplete in hex was it on a nvram or eprom? did you read it with a burner or the flash tool?
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

I used the burner to read the eprom. The car was running but poorly, so maybe it was corrupted?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if you split the bin file into two 32kb's one is blank and the other looks reasonably like a $12P tune, but i am not sure what version.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its definately corrupted.

EG The line at 9FF0 should say "OSE12PRO ALDL" but contains "OWE56Tvo$ELDL..." and the last 3 . are the version number in hex. Each OSE section header has it. Should be 111 but in this case its 555 for the ALDL section header.

The sections at the end of the file have version 111 but the earlier part of the chip is bad.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The code section at the end seems to be OK, but I think the original user might have had a problem with the data pin for binary '4' when they read the cal area and merged it with the code section. All the 4 bits are set in the cal area, so those values where that bit should be 0 have been corrupted by adding a value of 4.

0+4=4 and Version 111 + 444 = 555
Attachments
vk twin vs stock 12p v111 ALDL segment.png
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Thanks for the help. Makes sense now.

Was planning to tune it from scratch anyway, but it is interesting to see why it may have been having issues.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Maybe you coud dig out there spark and VE still from hex? See how it compares to yours afterwards.
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

I''ll just tune it again. Have to do some training with this one anyway, so it was interesting to come across a corrupted file. A good learning opportunity.
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Post by BennVenn »

It is more likely there is a break on the data line, I/O2 as this left floating will float high and logically OR 0x04 with all data on the chip. This can be verified by the fact at all lower nibble values are either 5,4,6,7,C,D,E or F. Take a look for a bad solder joint or break on pin13 of the EPROM/Memcal.