what to do where do i start delco ecu remap

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Stodzy79
cars: vr ss

Re: what to do where do i start delco ecu remap

Post by Stodzy79 »

I don't have anything to practice on really, daily driver is a ford ranger,
And yes I now have a 5 month old son, free time isn't on my side atm. It's been a 2 year build so far, body and interior is complete, engine built, now it's transmission, hidden harness and Ecuador to finish it off so close yet so far
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

This needs a build thread. I love VR VS commodores. I've have a VR Clubsport myself I'm looking to sell.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

Stodzy79 wrote:I would look at getting someone to do a proper tune, however I have been calling around for the past 4 days and know one in Brisbane will do a delco tune
I'm in Brisbane and am willing to nudge you in the rite direction if you plan to tune it yourself. I do have a dyno but moved house so it is a bit buried in my shed at the moment. you will need a nvram memcal and an aldl interface to make the changes and wideband o2 to tune the fuel. lots of reading with a genuine want to learn and you will find it easy and fun. if you don't want to learn the skills and read the guides your best off to pay for an ecu your tuner will tune.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Speaking of guides if you havnt seen it click the frequently asked questions (FAQ) link up in the top right and have a read of the guides.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Stodzy79
cars: vr ss

Post by Stodzy79 »

where or who should I talk to get the gear I need? is there anyone on this forum that would be willing to do up a good mail order tune then I can see if I can then look at getting somone in bris to put it on a dyno and do a tune in real time?
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

REV
cars: VT V6 L67 Wagon , Corvettes, C10 Truck VT V6 Sedan

Post by REV »

Stodzy79 wrote:I would look at getting someone to do a proper tune, however I have been calling around for the past 4 days and know one in Brisbane will do a delco tune
I had the same problem here in NSW nere Bathurst was told cant do it so i brought the gear and will soon be doing my VT S/C V6 and once i get a handle on it i will do other guys cars from my work shop. THE1 help me out with some gear.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah the old delco is not as nice and easy for the shops to learn/tune so most of them don't want to know about it!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Good luck. There is a lot to learn. Keep a copy of every bin file you do and write down changes in a book. If you don't I guarantee you will stuff up and not know what to do next. Get a good starter bin off one of they guys here and make small changes as you go. Post your new bins regularly so people can see what direction you are heading. Don't get over enthusiastic it will take some time.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Tunerpro keeps a change log for bin files :)