what to do where do i start delco ecu remap

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: what to do where do i start delco ecu remap

Post by MAGP »

Charlescrown wrote:Keep a copy of every bin file you do and write down changes in a book.
That's what I do and tell others to do as well. One change at a time and a note everytime a change is made.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

and remember the KISS principal!

most of the time changes to idle rpm, ve table and spark table are all that are needed to be changed to fix most tune issues!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

It is, in the Kalmaker days there was a document done by Al Gibbs called the 25 , most used parameter's. That was to generous but took into account injector changes too. There was a lot of great info getting around on that forum and the software floppy discs had some good documents too.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Dylan wrote:It is, in the Kalmaker days there was a document done by Al Gibbs called the 25 , most used parameter's. That was to generous but took into account injector changes too. There was a lot of great info getting around on that forum and the software floppy discs had some good documents too.
It is on the Kalmaker website, not to hard to find.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

MAGP wrote:
Dylan wrote:It is, in the Kalmaker days there was a document done by Al Gibbs called the 25 , most used parameter's. That was to generous but took into account injector changes too. There was a lot of great info getting around on that forum and the software floppy discs had some good documents too.
It is on the Kalmaker website, not to hard to find.
Everyone should spend some time on there plenty of great info. Good reading.
The1

Post by The1 »

Holden202T wrote:yeah the old delco is not as nice and easy for the shops to learn/tune so most of them don't want to know about it!
thats part of it but mostly shops i talk to dont want to play with 20+ yr old cars cause alot of the times they come in with more problems than anything.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

The1 wrote:
Holden202T wrote:yeah the old delco is not as nice and easy for the shops to learn/tune so most of them don't want to know about it!
thats part of it but mostly shops i talk to dont want to play with 20+ yr old cars cause alot of the times they come in with more problems than anything.
And that is why, even with new vehicles, many tuning shops have the customer sign a contract acknowledging that tuning can be stressful on an engine (or drivetrain) and any "side effects" of the tuning process are not the fault of the workshop.