% Coolant contribution for calculating charge temp Vs RPM &

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
9c1vs
cars: 9c1 vs 5spd

% Coolant contribution for calculating charge temp Vs RPM &

Post by 9c1vs »

What is the best way to tune this variable as I think I need to have a look at it?

I've replaced the standard inlet manifold on my Holden v8 355ci with a Torque Power dual plane hi rise. I am noticing that when driving around and the ambient temperature is high that it is running a bit lean mainly in low throttle areas. I am guessing the coolant contribution needs to be adjusted.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: % Coolant contribution for calculating charge temp Vs RP

Post by MAGP »

What ECM/PCM?
What bin?
MAF or MAP?
Where's your air temp sensor fitted?
What is the temp of the thermostat?

Immortality had a similar, but polar opposite issue. His went rich with cold air. The crux of the matter with yours is probably the same as his, that is the air temp is affecting the fuel trims. If you are running a MAF with enhanced code your air temp sensor will not be able to adjust fuel trims like the factory code is supposed to. If you are running 11P or 12P Holden202 will probably have the correct answer.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I've done a couple with toque power intakes and mild cams. Both coolant contribution and charge temp tables needed adjusting.
9c1vs

Post by 9c1vs »

MAGP wrote:What ECM/PCM?
What bin?
MAF or MAP?
Where's your air temp sensor fitted?
What is the temp of the thermostat?

Immortality had a similar, but polar opposite issue. His went rich with cold air. The crux of the matter with yours is probably the same as his, that is the air temp is affecting the fuel trims. If you are running a MAF with enhanced code your air temp sensor will not be able to adjust fuel trims like the factory code is supposed to. If you are running 11P or 12P Holden202 will probably have the correct answer.
ECM is a VS V8 manual. Its MAP based tune running 12p. The air temp sensor is located in the number 6 runner pretty close to where it goes on the factory manifold. my thermostat is 86 degrees from memory. I was thinking of taking all the contribution out then logging a cold then a warm run and comparing the difference.
9c1vs

Post by 9c1vs »

Dylan wrote:I've done a couple with toque power intakes and mild cams. Both coolant contribution and charge temp tables needed adjusting.
Cool sweet, I've got the main table looking pretty good I think so I am thinking I need to work on this next! I'll run a cool and a warm log for a comparison.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I'll screen shot them tomorrow night for reference but cams play a bit with the coolant contribution
9c1vs

Post by 9c1vs »

Dylan wrote:I'll screen shot them tomorrow night for reference but cams play a bit with the coolant contribution
I thought they might, especially if they have a tight LSA I am guessing. Mine is only a small cam being a Crane 276, but it still has a bit of overlap at 110 LSA.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Here's the bin even easier
Attachments
304284TP.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
9c1vs

Post by 9c1vs »