AE delta manifold fuel

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
9c1vs
cars: 9c1 vs 5spd

Re: AE delta manifold fuel

Post by 9c1vs »

Ok, that kind of sounds over the top of my head! I am using 12pv111, so I will post my bin.
9c1vs

Post by 9c1vs »

VL400 wrote:Yeah you wont find it in the browser, it needs to be added to the stream and ADX.

Need to use the flashtool, get bin, bit of hex editing and then write bin. Can post your bin here, or if its 12P V112 hex edit location 0x9BB8 from 0x0084 to 0x0153. This can be done in TunerPro by pressing control+H. Then in the ADX item Coolant Temp Voltage is now manifold fuel, change the calc to X and 0-255 for the data range.
Hi mate, I looked at the hex editor in TunerPro and I have no idea what I am looking at. If I could grab a hand changing the CTS voltage to manifold fuel that would be great. My current bin is attached.

Cheers!
Attachments
base tune - no ve learn, no BLM, open loop only, custom air temp offsets by me plus ve changes.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Your bin file is just the cal section so has no ALDL data, needed to 'get bin' using the flashtool. But does not matter, have modded the base 12Pv111 bin and 1bar ADX in the attached zip.

Use the flashtool to write bin (not cal), then do a write cal with your bin.

If you do not have a way of recovering the NVRAM in case of a bad write bin (ie a EPROM programmer) then use at our own risk!
Attachments
12P V111 manfuel.zip
(25.24 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
9c1vs

Post by 9c1vs »

VL400 wrote:Your bin file is just the cal section so has no ALDL data, needed to 'get bin' using the flashtool. But does not matter, have modded the base 12Pv111 bin and 1bar ADX in the attached zip.

Use the flashtool to write bin (not cal), then do a write cal with your bin.

If you do not have a way of recovering the NVRAM in case of a bad write bin (ie a EPROM programmer) then use at our own risk!
Oh ok I get it now, the bin files that I save in tunerpro are actually the cal not the entire bin. I don't have a back up at all for my NVRAM as my second tune on the chip is corrupted - I've been meaning to get it rewritten but I havn't got around to it yet. I will give it a go anyway.

Out of curiosity though, I noticed uv erasers don't cost very much and I have a couple of standard chips lying around doing nothing. Is it possible to erase them with a uv eraser and write a new bin to them using the flashtool? Or is it necessary to have an actual burner which from what I could see are way more expensive and I don't know how to use one!
9c1vs

Post by 9c1vs »

The nvram didn't corrupt and and made a few tweaks. I boosted the manufold fuel 100 value and it looks like its done the trick judging by the monitor. It feels pretty crisp too. My afrs are pretty rich under accelration but now that it seems I have this worked out I will trim some fuel.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Good news. Rich under acceleration you only want for a second or 2. And you'll need a burner for writing both memcals and NVRAM's.
9c1vs

Post by 9c1vs »

Oh ok, in that case I might just stick with the NVRAM! Probably would not acheive anything being able to write to an EPROM since I am only tuning my own car.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Good to hear you had a play and got things better :thumbup:
fad2629

Post by fad2629 »

Excuse me...
If I understood correctly:
in firmware 12Pv111.bin at address 0x1BB8 I need to change the value from 0x0084 to 0x0153 to get the stream "manifold fuel", and in 1bar ADX instead of "CTS Voltage" the value "manifold fuel" will be shown.
???
fad2629

Post by fad2629 »

up