E85 cold issues.

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
hoosedamoose
cars: vs statesman

Re: E85 cold issues.

Post by hoosedamoose »

immortality wrote:Looks like going lean as fuck when you give it some throttle. Add in a whole lot of AE in the cold part of the table.

edit: hang on, your on e85 and that WB is showing petrol style AFR's. It probably is lean just idling and giving it some throttle is just killing it. You probably need to enrichen the whole cold start area.
Thing is though, richening that whole area, just destroys it when it's warmed up.

I've set the car up using lambda for tuning. The petrol afrs are more so for reading as it makes it easier and it's what I'm used to. I will try richening it anyway and see if it does anything, atleast then I'll have a starting point. Otherwise I have NFI where to look lol. I still have the stock Tb on like you suggested, so I'll keep that for now
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I'm not to familiar with the later MAF code but there probably is an acceleration enrichment or power enrichment table for throttle opening. And possibly a temperature compensation table for it. If so you could alter the AE for when cold only.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Increase the target AFR for the cold start area of this table Open Loop Idle Air Fuel Ratio Vs Temperature. Probably need to get the cold AFR's more stable first.

I've not played with e85 (we can't get it here in NZ except as a race fuel buying it by the barrel) so some of the other guys who have used meth/e85 will be better able to help make the adjustments to what these fuel like on cold start etc
hoosedamoose
cars: vs statesman

Post by hoosedamoose »

looks like ive completely overlooked the 'open loop' tab in TP. It has plenty of code for cold enrichment offsets. Ill have a play with it and see if i get anywhere. Thanks guy :punk:

Edit - open loop enrichment has done the trick. Got a starting point now for the issue :)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

As much as some will say otherwise, E85 needs a fair bit more cold enrichment over petrol. Had similar issues, not stalling but just a stumble, on throttle when cold. Manifold fuel gain and temperature AE table fixed it for me on 11P.

You are on the right path now :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I've seen E85 and methanol both want more of a percentage increase, especially when cold.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Yeah I’ve noticed with the e85 and fuel dialled in at operating temp, cold start is a little harder to start but after it fires up afr’s look ok. But after a couple seconds or minute or so the afr’s will start leaning out a little until at operating temp and then they are all good