antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by antus »

Your 2200pm row is a fair bit below 2000 and 2400, would be worth smoothing that out, as well as the table in general. It looks like your barking up the right tree modifying as you go, but do take a look at the 3d map every so often and smooth out the sudden transitions, else when the computer interpolates between wildly different rows side by side you'll get data thats hard to use to improve the fueling further.

What type of engine is this?

Im also seeing wierdness with the monitor view, I cant see any data there, but the dash and history pages are OK. This might be something to do with not properly closing the log file or something when recording. Not sure, its a bit odd.

Also assuming were talking naturally aspirated from the flags in the bin.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

Its just a usual modded 1600
Nothing to crazy and yes na.

Would switching the car off before saving log cause the problems everyone is having with the logs?

But my tunerpro had a huge fit not sure what went on but wouldn't load the dash this morning no matter what adx I had loaded. Deleted everything and started again and all is good again

FYI car went well with the stock pulsar memcal In it today just wouldn't idle, if it went that well I would happily drive it again. At the moment it is scarey to as has no pick up when ya need to get moving
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

My TunerPro reads everything fine but I do agree you need to smooth out the VE tables so you should be able to get smoother wideband logging. And agree with antus you need to look at the 3D view.
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

the butt dyno is telling me I'm making headway, it felt good when it was cold. nice and zippy down low but flat when warm
still lacking when warm.xdl
(395.5 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
and the bin
$12P-V112-brooksygem driveable sort of.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

what am I looking for to turn off closed loop idle? cant seem to see a flag for it
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Closed loop idle is just idle mode nothing to do with closed loop fueling
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

so not going to mess with my log data in low rpms?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nope, all closed loop idle does is adjusts timing to hold the motor at the desired idle speed.

if your saying the pulsar memcal is better other than idle, have a look at the VE and spark tables for the two and see where the differences are, you'll probably find if you use the idle settings for your working tune, but then change it to match the pulsars settings higher in the revs it might improve things.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Did you have a g series single cam base tune? If so try subtracting or adding to the whole VE table. Then follow trends at high or loe load or rpm and adjust whole areas of the map and smooth in to the other areas.

The lack of power, once the fuel is right, is either bad AE or spark timing.
Try and get an idea of min and max spark on the vaccume advance of the stock engine and look at the spark table and see if its too high or low. It might need some changes actoss the board too but you'll need to be sure nit to advance it too far causing knock. If you do this and your going in the right direction you'll feel it on the but dyno. When you dont feel any more increase go back a degree or two or three to keep it safe. Listen for knocking too that means youve gone a fair way too far and are causing damage. If you hear this back the timing off immediately. Ideally you never want to cause this.

Once the VE is ok hit the trottle hard and see if you get 12.5 AFRs on launch and adjust AE enrichment multiplier table to achive this. Then you should be pretty good.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

Basically what you gents are telling me to do is what I have been trying to do

I posted a PIC of timing map to a few gents that no the motors better then me and most have said way less timing needed. And now have a bit of info on what the stock dizzy would be doing just ran out of time yesterday to test anything.

Antus I started off with your twin cam tune but even pulling a few degrees I was still seeing 40° and that to me was crazy for a single came gem motor.
I'm not giving up till I have a solid base tune to post for the next guy to start with