Please help me with my idle tune

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
h4x0r

Re: Please help me with my idle tune

Post by h4x0r »

Thanks Dylan!

Searching the forum for explanation and may have found the reason: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1712&hilit=ideal+gas&start=90

I think my single/double fire settings may be the issue. I will try again tomorrow.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep, when adjusting the cranking tables just do it as a % change from stock relative to how much larger your new injectors are, or your new fuel requirements are. Eg if stock is 19lb, and you've upraded to 60lb, you want ~ 1/3rd the amount of fuel. So in tunerpro adjust the whole table by selecting all cells and do multiply by 0.333 to reduce the time down. That should do it, but you can tweak up or down a bit if you find its not good enough.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
h4x0r

Post by h4x0r »

It was getting practically impossible to start the car so I went back over all basics. The too rich crank was fouling the spark plugs. So I removed and cleaned them. I also put another fuel pressure regulator on just to make sure and went back to stock tune & injectors. Car started and ran perfectly fine at all temperatures. Ok good now back to the siemens deka 60lb injectors. I reduced both crank fuel tables to 1/3 and changed the injector flow rate to 0.048. I also found a different battery offset table from an old post which looks like it would be a little leaner for these injectors. See picture below:
crank fuel edit.png
Car is running again on the 60lb injectors but it is harder to start the warmer the engine is. It takes more time cranking when it is warmer before it finally kicks over. My question is how is crank fuel calculated? because in that picture it is very high 6.84 bpw when I first turn the key to crank. The car idles good at 3.00 bpw which is 1/3 of what the stock tune & injectors would use. Whats the difference between first stage and second stage crank base pulse width and how does it work? I need to lean it out as the engine gets hotter. I'm guess this is the case because the Injector BPW is way above its happy 3.00 pbw idle?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Those tables only apply at cranking, and are a raw time value. If you need leaner subtract more. It'll only use those tables at less than cranking rpm i believe which is by default less than 400rpm. You may need to adjust the shape of the table. Try stock shape but subtract an offset rather than divide. Maybe your injection times are ending up below or about the injector minimum.

Looking again the fuel difference between low and high on those injectors will be huge. Try setting them closer to flat but a gentle slope.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

keep in mind, stock injector is 19lb @ 43psi or something like that .... make sure the injector you have is the same pressure, and also note that while 20lb is 1/3 of 60lb, 19 is slightly more .... so you might still be on the rich side for the injectors.

I've always had issues with my brothers V6 commodore, running methanol and big injectors, it starts great, but its very susceptible to flooding with a rev when cold, theres a lot of little settings like AE etc which all come into it

but that said it sounds like you are definitely on the right track with it!
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Could also try a different 2 bar map sensor. I found that there not all the same. The fuelmiser 2bar I think it was, was ok. Or I think I remember seeing a post on here that the ls1 2bar map sensors will work. I’d also highly recommend sending your injectors into the1 and have him work his magic with them and send you new data to suit your application. At least than you’ll know your injector settings are right and you have a proper working map sensor. With out both of them your tuning is just a waste. Good luck buddy