tunerproRT data logging

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Tinker

tunerproRT data logging

Post by Tinker »

Ok so win10 tunerproRT / autoprom .have had test bench running with delco 082 and $12p V6 .Had system working and DA logging everything as it should be Nek Minnit no data logging .First i thought maybe i killed something with my ignition project but it all looked ok. Anyway long story short ended up removing my arduino uno drivers and ide and retesting tunerpro we have data logging working again .they use different drivers so i dont know whats the problem..one ftdi other atmel

Has anyone else had this problem? I really want to have both programs installed on same laptop.
Gampy

Re: tunerproRT data logging

Post by Gampy »

The Arduino UNO uses FTDI as well ...

If you are installing two different FTDI driver packages they are probably stepping on each other.

Try making sure you have one installed and hooked up while installing the second one, if they both take third party drivers, try flipping installation order.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Just fyi, the arduino uno clones use a ch340 and not the ftdi.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

MyUno r3 clone is supposed to be 100% compat(from jaycar) it Definitely has atmel usb chip and the Tunerpro definitely has FTDI . I dont know why now they will not work together . They both worked and i never altered the install settings . It just stoped and the only way i coud get DA logging back was to remove uno drivers .
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Turn off automatic driver updates in windows. My sdr radio does the same thing will work fine then have driver issues if Windows updates anything
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

delcowizzid wrote:Turn off automatic driver updates in windows. My sdr radio does the same thing will work fine then have driver issues if Windows updates anything

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH SO FRUSTRAITING. Thanks for the tip will turn off windows updates.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sorry, I use genuine Arduino's!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Ok so more info . Got Tunerpro to log again by switching from autoprom to use plugin under tools/ preferences /interface type/. I set it to autoprom to max232 and it starts logging but only at 2 Hz . it has constant errors coming in . SO switch back to autoprom mode and after a few times I get normal operation back logging at around 10 Hz no errors.

I don’t get it !
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

OK, SO my problems have nothing to do with the Arduino or its drivers , Having the same problems with out the Arduino installed .
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

SO , still having problems connecting with data/acq . Once i get it to connect it will stop and start as needed but getting it to connect sometimes takes many tries. also seems that i can only connect in autoprom mode . if i switch to aldl passthrough on the autoprom data/acq will connect but with errors (unusable)

Is this and autoprom issue ? How do you guys go using NVRAM boards connecting with data/acq ?

any help or ideas welcome !!!

:comp: