Tunerpro map readings over 100 with 1 bar sensor?

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Nitro Worms

Tunerpro map readings over 100 with 1 bar sensor?

Post by Nitro Worms »

Running 12p latest version nvram board in a hsv 5 litre and uploaded the 288FINAL bin from here and changed the kinjflow to suit the 42lb injectors he has and the car started and ran pretty nice for 10-20 mins in the shed. I’m seeing the map sensor in data moniters around 140 at idle was expecting it to idle around 40-50kpa instead of over 100.

Its using the 288final bin, 1bar petrol adx, and the 123 bar xdf.

Car is naturally aspo with 1 bar goss brand map sensor. Flags for map sensor are unticked so that seems ok. How can I get the map sensor readings to stay under 100?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Tunerpro map readings over 100 with 1 bar sensor?

Post by antus »

It sounds like there is a problem with the XDF. Try downloading a new copy and ensure the versions match between the bin and the xdf. You may see up to about 104 or 108kpa with a 1 bar map, but 140 at idle definately is a setup problem somewhere. The other possibility is that you have the wrong voltage supply or a signal wire wrong in the loom. I dont know what happens if you run the map at over 5v or what happens if the ecu sees over 5v on the signal pin, but if there is no smoke maybe its over voltage. Although having said that I'd expect a DTC to be set and a fake map to be generated and in the logs. What does the map voltage data say in the logs?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396