Newbie,

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Shane_90
cars: 93 VR Commodore

Newbie,

Post by Shane_90 »

Firstly my car is a 1993 VR V6 Auto (4L60E)

Im using the following files in tunerpro
Bin: OSE_$11P V104 CAKH V6
XDF: OSE_$11P V104
ADX: OSE_$11P V104 1Bar

I have also tried downloading the bin and using that.
Clearly I have missed something and am unable to make any changes. I have been using it lately to just watch live data just fine but now I would like to make some changes and cant seem to upload anything it just says failed to upload in tuner pro. (started with a simple change like rpm limiter in power mode).

The jumper connections are correct to allow writing etc. The only thing I haven't done was the wire mod on the back of the main board but I thought that was to burn a completed bin to the stock memcal witch I will do at a later date.

Some help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Gareth

Re: Newbie,

Post by Gareth »

The only thing I haven't done was the wire mod on the back of the main board but I thought that was to burn a completed bin to the stock memcal witch I will do at a later date.
There's your problem
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Shane_90

Post by Shane_90 »

:thumbup: Will get onto that,
Shane_90

Post by Shane_90 »

Interesting now I get a high idle and thermo fan running
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

as soon as you ran the nvram RW without that wire you corrupted the nvram. now you need to put the ds1245y chip directly in to a programmer to put a fresh copy of 11p on it. Thats why we ship it RW disabled and ask you to make sure everything is right before turning on RW.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Sounds like it's in limp mode.
Shane_90

Post by Shane_90 »

Easy enough to do, I have a programmer in a box here somewhere, will reload the bin back on.
Shane_90

Post by Shane_90 »

Clearly I mucked this up an guess thats what I get for being to keen and staying up late and hooking it up following the instructions.

Ok so I dug out the programmer and following the guides I load in the Stacked Bin file to programmer and burn it using the GQ-4x4 but still get limp mode, Iv reset all the jumpers back to the supplied position till it works properly. (yes I added the wire) Iv read the file from the rom and verified it with a hex editor and it says it matches. Car starts and runs normal with the stock memcal installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Shane_90

Post by Shane_90 »

Tried to burn again, car coughed then stalled next time it started fine and ran, no idea what I done different but all is good it seems,
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

11P - make sure you have the PCM jumper set, that is a hardware setting required for the '424 PCM.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396