Mini Review TL866 Programmer

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
jca
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 am
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Re: Mini Review TL866 Programmer

Post by jca »

I'm using the USB Mini pro
jca
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 am
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Re: Mini Review TL866 Programmer

Post by jca »

I'm using the USB Mini pro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: Mini Review TL866 Programmer

Post by 'quipt4it »

Did you erase the chip first (UV) and blank check.
Also pin contact is sometimes an issue. Swipe chip from side to side while holding the 'lever' down slightly so it exerts pressure against the pins.
jca
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 am
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Re: Mini Review TL866 Programmer

Post by jca »

Ya erased and says it blank
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Mini Review TL866 Programmer

Post by antus »

This is sometimes caused by the programmer not being able to get enough power. Try a different USB cable if you can. Some super cheap ones cant provide enough power to put the chip in programming mode. Verify=FF shows the erase part is probably good and correct.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Mini Review TL866 Programmer

Post by Gatecrasher »

I know this is an old thread, but I figured it'd be worth a bump.

Looks like the TL866s are long discontinued. The replacements are the XGECU T48 and T56. http://autoelectric.cn/EN/index.html

I've been wanting to replace my janky old Willem, and that T48 looks like a great deal. $61 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/XGecu-TL866-3G-P ... B0B592HZ1K

The T56 looks great too, but I don't do enough to justify spending $200 on it.

Anyone got any thoughts or experience with these?