Connecting ecu (not emulating)

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Vnwago
cars: Solid old vn wagon

Connecting ecu (not emulating)

Post by Vnwago »

So ive had a hunt around and cant seem to see anyone having the same issue so i may just be over looking somthing But towards the end of last year i sent out my ecu and delcowizard helped me out installing the comm’s board etc and do a tune for me, finally am able to get back in the garage again and just wanted to have a look at the tune and plugged in my laptop but its not emulating?

It has been tuned so i wanted to ask on here before playing with it to much and accidentally wiping the tune or overwritting it, im guessing its somthing very simple as ive read though a through afew threads and had a hunt around and i cant seem to see anyone else havingthe issue

Cheers :thumbup:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Connecting ecu (not emulating)

Post by antus »

do you have an nvram installed?
can you connect and does it detect ose12p?
can you enable emulation?
Is the problem that it beeps fail / red when you make a change?
Is the RW jumper set across both pins on the nvram? (If its only across one pin it'll be read only).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vnwago

Post by Vnwago »

Yup sent it away and had it installed and a tune put on it ive had it connect when i very first got it done but its been so long i cant remember how i done it, i plug in the ecu turn the key on and the ecu then click the plugin icon and it says it analysing for hardware but comes back with no hardware found
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

have a look at the oseplugin setup and make sure it has the right com port selected, and the echo checkbox is selected.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vnwago

Post by Vnwago »

COMS3 is all that comes up I’ll attach a photo of what settings it’s currently on before i click save, and also do i use the OSE FLASHTOOL to export off the ecu to edit its quite alot to get the head around ae
Attachments
C682C8FB-D4FB-45B1-A76B-0F82BB9EC94D.jpeg
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I mean in oseplugin, in tunerpro.
Attachments
Image3.png
Stealth051
cars: Vr soon to see boost

Post by Stealth051 »

Hi im currently having a similar issue did you manage to sort it out? I have an ecu with all the coms board etc etc installed it has had a tune loaded onto it im just wondering how to extract it and also any ideas on what might possibly be my issue for not connecting as i have all the settings correct as far as im aware going off your picture antus, ill add a pic below of the error code i get butmy main question is how to exstract the file on the ecu to go over it

I dont have the file thats on the ecu on my laptop as i was given the ecu when I started looking into parts but anyway any helps appreciated
Attachments
2DCD3729-F9F9-4EF6-8E76-DC04F0294982.jpeg
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Ok, perhaps a silly question but can you verify each of those things its asking to check are correct? If you cant verify one of them, then that is the place to look.

If you can verify those things, can you validate the car is running properly, without the computer (to verify the ecu is working and running the enigne)? If that is good too, then check the hardware and make sure the comms board is connected properly inside the ECM.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I can help via teamveiwer if you have WiFi near your car
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem