vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vs l67 with ls1 coil driver box no injector pulse

Post by vlad01 »

I can confirm that is correct for VS. I just swapped ECU in one and it worked without having to do anything.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

Willipede wrote:Hi everyone i have just put my engine back into my vs commodore, i have done an ls1 coil conversion using the coil driver box

I have got the coils working but have no injector pulse

I have wired the rpm reference for the coil driver box to the tacho signal, is that correct or is it supposed to go to one of the cas 3x or 18x references?

Also for some reason i am not able to bridge the pins for diagnostics mode or get my aldl cable to connect to my laptop
*I have edited this Post now *

How did you go with this ?

I have been plotting my path for a VS V6 Commy to do the LS1 coil driver conversion. Have not completed as yet but have worked out what I will do.

My RPM reference was going to come from pin "E" on the DFI unit, BUT after the good people on here have informed me that would have been wrong. I have now changed my drawing to show Pin "D" from the DFI to the ECU (D12) to use for the RPM Square wave signal.

I will attached a couple of pics to see if your the same. Although mine set up will use the Smart Coils & not stock LS1 coils.
Attachments
DFI Pin D for RPM square wave signal.jpg
Final Wire Plan for COP in VS.jpg
Last edited by OZ38 on Mon May 11, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the coil driver box doco recommends using Reference high - D12 on your diagram, or pin D on the dfi module.
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

Holden202T wrote:the coil driver box doco recommends using Reference high - D12 on your diagram, or pin D on the dfi module.
Thanks for that.
I haven't done the conversion as yet so was trying to work it all out.
Are you able to explain to me what the REF Hi & REF Lo mean & the difference between them & the Pin E RPM signal please ?
Not being an electrical savvy type I was a bit lost when it said RPM Square wave signal.

Cheers

Deek
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Ref high is the 5v crank signal to the ecu ref lo is the earth for it pin is is the output to the tacho
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

delcowizzid wrote:Ref high is the 5v crank signal to the ecu, ref lo is the earth for it, pin E is is the output to the tacho
Thanks delcowizzid.
So with this modules instructions asking for a RPM Square wave signal - On an EFI vehicle the Reference signal the ECU uses to determine rpm should be used.
The Pin - "E" Tacho signal is not square wave & is not what the ECU uses ?
Actually now I gather the Pin E RPM Tacho signal comes from the DFI & is not used by the ECU ?

Sorry I know your will be thinking wtf. But just trying to get my head around the hows & whys.

Cheers.
Last edited by OZ38 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yes like the instructions for the box say
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

Cheers Delco.
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

Willipede wrote:Hi everyone i have just put my engine back into my vs commodore, i have done an ls1 coil conversion using the coil driver box

I have got the coils working but have no injector pulse

I have wired the rpm reference for the coil driver box to the tacho signal, is that correct or is it supposed to go to one of the cas 3x or 18x references?

Also for some reason i am not able to bridge the pins for diagnostics mode or get my aldl cable to connect to my laptop
Did you get this sorted out ?