B10WN6
cars: 1993 Mitsubishi Triton L67 v6
1993 Mazda cosmo 20b
1976 mazda cosmo
1980 mazda rx7 13b turbo
2015 mazda 6

hardware not detected.. nvram

Post by B10WN6 »

hi guys, ive been running one of the nvram chips purchased from this site for a while now and have been tuning with it fine, no problems auto detecting hardware etc... however yesterday it has decided to not detect hardware on start up, comes up with message could not detect pcm/ecm and wont connect even when I try to initialise emulation hardware... just says could not detect pcm/ecm and down the bottom of the tuner pro rt it says hardware not found
tuner pro rt version 5.. latest build version
windows 10
using the 1s enhanced tune
vt l67 sc
com port 3
cable says found and working
any advice cheers
delcowizzid

Re: hardware not detected.. nvram

Post by delcowizzid »

See if you can connect to it with the ose flash tool to see if it's a tunerpro configuration issue
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
B10WN6
1993 Mazda cosmo 20b
1976 mazda cosmo
1980 mazda rx7 13b turbo
2015 mazda 6

Post by B10WN6 »

tried several times to connect using ose flash tool and it wont connect either :(
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I have had issues were the actual com port isn't showing due to a win 10 driver issue. You can check under ports in device manager, then plugging/unplugging the cable and see if any of the com ports appears/disappears on the list. If it does then it's working, if nothing changes there is a driver issue.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Also worth saying the pcmhacking aldl interfaces have no driver issues (they are genuine and reliable FTDI chipset based) and just work out of the box. If it is an aldl interface problem and its not one of ours then you should contact your supplier.

Other possability is that the something has happend to the nvram (invalid data uploaded, more than ~8 years old battery). If its the former then it will need a fresh image written to it to run the car engine computer and come online on the ALDL. If its an old unit, it may also possibly need a new nvram chip in the socket. This is the least likely but worth considering.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
B10WN6
1993 Mazda cosmo 20b
1976 mazda cosmo
1980 mazda rx7 13b turbo
2015 mazda 6

Post by B10WN6 »

tried again this arvy, connected cable to laptop and checked, it came up with cable detected and working, connect it to the car and I get a little blue light underneath the obd11 connector, turn the ignition on and try to connect again, could not detect ecm message

car starts and runs but the tune is too lean to drive with (some idiot.. yes it was me.. fucked around with the lean cruise and leaned it out just a bit too much) and now I cant connect back up to the fricken thing to undo what I did.. would it be easier to send it back and get a new image written to it

cheers
alex
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Do you have the correct adx loaded in tunerpro. Ose flash tool should connect easily if you pick the right com port and vehicle if it doesn't then something Is wrong somewhere.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
B10WN6
1993 Mazda cosmo 20b
1976 mazda cosmo
1980 mazda rx7 13b turbo
2015 mazda 6

Post by B10WN6 »

yeah atill the same adx that ive been using for over 12 months haven't needed to change anything as its always automatically detected hardware and connects when ive opened tuner pro rt

ill give it another go tomorrow if I get a chance and I will video what its doing if that helps
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you may be able to change the bin switch jumper on the NVRAM to get access to the other half of the chip which should have the same base tune on it, and then see if you can connect ?
B10WN6
1993 Mazda cosmo 20b
1976 mazda cosmo
1980 mazda rx7 13b turbo
2015 mazda 6

Post by B10WN6 »

hey guys, so ive managed to get a loan of a obd2 tester and it seems that I have somehow lost 12v power to the connector (which will explain a lot I guess)... time to crawl up under the dash and go searching for a dodgy broken wire :thumbdown: thanks for all your help. heres hoping its a simple find and fix
cheers