305 tuning issues. Please help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Re: 305 tuning issues. Please help

Post by BARBS »

Unfortunately no mate.
Makes it harder for sure.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Havnt had time to look at the tune but did you change the battery offset data for the injectors to allow for how fast they open
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

TunerPro says failed to open bin. What version are you using?
BARBS

Post by BARBS »

I am using Tuner Pro version 5.00

Can someone please confirm the following as referenced to my screenshot attached:
If i have the delco set for double fire option it will fire the injectors and spark 2 times per firing cycle of the cylinder (ie wasted spark)
If the BPW is below 2 seconds the Delco will force single fire mode.
Regardless of the firing mode the BPW will have a small amount of time added as per the injector bias add on.

Looking at the tables attched is there any other parameter that could prevent the Delco from commanding less than 2.5ms? Obviously other than the VE and flow calcs completed while running. I can lower the VE right down to nearly nothing and the BPW will not go lower.

I run a 424 in my Torana and can see that at idle and low loads the 80lb injectors are at ~1.7ms. i drive the car and get off the throttle where i see the bpw go to 0.55ms. My injector bias add on table has 0.55ms added at 0.00ms commanded.

Is there anyone successfully running larger than 60lb injectors with a 305 ecu?

I have also added the latest tune we did with the 65lb injectors. All i have tried to do is install the 80lb injectors, load this tune with the displacement/injector flow rate changed to accommodate the larger flow rate. I can get it so the car will have the same measured AFR under some load but at low RPM and low load it misses and drops a couple cylinders from over fuelling.

As a test i simply wound the rail pressure down from 45psi to 30 psi. the missfire improved and the cylinders got better but it was still not enough to get rid of the issues.

Thanks for all of the help so far.
Attachments
Settings 1.png
Settings 1.png (34.02 KiB) Viewed 3222 times
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I checked my log and the BPW went as low as 0.84ms. And I didn't change anything but the min cranking BPW the min run BPW is still the default 0.2ms
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
BARBS

Post by BARBS »

Does the min cranking BPW have effect when the engine is running or only while cranking though?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Cranking only. I got mine at 2ms, default is 7.9 or something.

Once the plugs fouled up the engine didn't want to run at low speed , only worked at half to full noise until I cleaned the plugs and set the min crank BPW lower.
Still doesn't explain why you are only getting a min of 2.5 though. Maybe it's worth loading a fresh copy and copy over the main tables and injector offsets, crank table and set the min BPWs again.

I had one version of TP consistently save the tune corrupted so maybe try updating that as well.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Set your displacement Injector flow correctly you have it at 0.15 for ethanol and 80lb injectors on a 712cc cylinder it should be around 0.033 that's why your VE tables are stupidly low and probably confusing the shit out of the ecu calculations it works on ideal gas laws and having the number way wrong could do bad things. You will have to lift all your VE tables up afterwards till you are around the 90 VE in the 100kpa zone. Set the injector bias vs battery volts table to the 80lb seimens deka values that can be found on this site. Turn double fire back on and get your fueling back to normal with the VE table. See if that fixes it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

And disable lean cruise while you are tuning so you don't battle with it pulling fuel out