Can't connect to 808 with USB comes and nvram

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
oldskool
cars: royal plumb hx efi 304, 4l60e, daily drive, soon to be efi 355
fe panel van 450hp 383 chev
fc special, grey motor,

Can't connect to 808 with USB comes and nvram

Post by oldskool »

Hi guys long time member but haven't used the nvram for a while, trying to tune a 355 vq statesman, I have a series 1 VN 808 V6 ecu fitted with a nvram and USB comms but can't get anything to connect not even the flashtool, I have a feeling that the nvram may be corrupted or the ecu faulty, is there anyone that can check the ecu and nvram for me to rule out any issues?
delcowizzid

Re: Can't connect to 808 with USB comes and nvram

Post by delcowizzid »

Select auto echo detect in the flash tool and see if it connects
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If you can wait for postage I can check the whole setup out on the bench and send it back
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
oldskool
fc special, grey motor,

Post by oldskool »

Yes tried auto echo detect and still nothing, happy to send it to get checked over, I know engines but some of the computer stuff does my head in trying to figure it out, I have another nvram in my daily driver running a 424, 355 and 4l60e In a hx Kingswood on 11p and have no dramas with it, the 808 in question was running a V6 in a Nissan Silvia on 12p but hasn't been used in 18months, fitted the whole ecu with the vq 5 litre memcal on the nvram and can't get any connection no matter what echo or comms settings I used, the rw jumper has been on the whole time which is why I'm thinking it might be corrupted
Also tried to use a mates nvram from a 424 with 11p on it and I think we've corrupted it as well, it was working fine on a vs ute yesterday fitted the nvram to the 808 and still couldn't connect anything so we put it back in the vs ute and now won't run on the nvram seems to be in limp mode (fans and cel both on) now can't connect to it to fix it
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

do you have the extra wire added to the bottom side of the 808 ?
oldskool
fc special, grey motor,

Post by oldskool »

If you mean the one across the back of the circuit board then yes, everything was installed as per the instructions, I even checked the wire across the back for continuity all seems to test fine, was working a couple years ago when first fitted
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

This is what greeted me when I took the lid off least there was no redbacks lol. What it's bounced round and touched is anyone's guess but I'll resolder and reprogram it and see what it does on the bench worst case I have spares
IMG_20200604_000022.jpg