Newbie , is it possible to make bench harness Ford?

Ford information and tools can be found here
In-Tech

Re: Newbie , is it possible to make bench harness Ford?

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
I'm still plugging along here on occasion. I'll post better detailed info later this weekend. Question for the Ford guys, it appears the seed/key is a 3 byte seed and then a 2 byte key required, then another again when switching to a higher speed mode. Is there a freeware seed/key algo/generator around? Thanks for any help :thumbup:
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya Folks,
I know there are a few "bench" programming alternatives out there, most are pretty expensive, and well due as they are quite labor intensive to build. I've been working on what I hope is a good alternative for freeware/cheapware/etc.

I don't work on much Ford stuff and so far it appears the FEPS circuit remains active in everything I have been able to check. The ECM/PCM doesn't seem to mind the extra voltage on that line after you have initiated a read or write. I am not sure if it just needs to get a "trigger" to say "all is ok" or if it actually uses this voltage.

Anyway, saying Hello :)
decipha
cars: too many

Post by decipha »

In-Tech wrote:Is there a quick tutorial on getting started with EEC-V? Communication first obviously, then a .bin editor/software. Freeware is nice but cheapware is fine with me too. I ain't skeert :mrgreen:

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm

I created the free DIY custom tuning support with my own custom code for the eec-iv and eec-v. Not to toot my own horn but because of that TunerPro RT using the Moates QuarterHorse is the most advanced tuning platform for the eec-iv and eec-v and is FAR SUPERIOR than anything else. No other software is even remotely close. And best of all its free.

Enjoy
Decipha @ EFIDynoTuning