NVRAM/ALDL Connection and Error messages and worse

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
delcowizzid

Re: NVRAM/ALDL Connection and Error messages and worse

Post by delcowizzid »

If it runs on a stock vt l67 memcal it should fire up and run the same on the vt l67 enhanced code from the one it's a stock tune modified to allow real-time uploads and a few extra features but should run like stock
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
TorqueItUp

Post by TorqueItUp »

delcowizzid wrote:If it runs on a stock vt l67 memcal it should fire up and run the same on the vt l67 enhanced code from the one it's a stock tune modified to allow real-time uploads and a few extra features but should run like stock
Agreed. Except it's not quite stock. I thought I'd posted the mods or most of them somewhere but maybe not.

Currently it's an N/A top swap. It's temporary. I have a bit left to invest in another bottom end with a bit more strength. If you think it's a slightly weird combo at this stage, I get it. I kind of... well I was going to say, got carried away but in truth I'm from the school of, "While I'm doing this I might as well....".

So ended up I chucked together a fresh L36 bottom end, had the block cleaned and x-rayed, the crank micropolished, block decked, line bored. Bare minimum. All new bearings, rings. Ditched the balance shaft.

LS7 lifters, LS3 valve springs, CrMo pushrods, CrMo retainers, 1.98:1 lifters, heads were stripped, cleaned, x-rayed, cracks were welded, it was ported and polished, Manley OS stainless valves, cryo-treated valve seats, MLS gaskets, ported intake, LIM and A2A plate, ported M90, 78mm pulley, 70mm throttle body, stock MAF. Probably forgetting a couple things.

The 78mm pulley is smaller than I really wanted for now but bonnet interference meant I had to replace the 87mm pulley I intended to run for now until the stronger bottom end is finished hence the stock injectors, fuel pump (L67), MAF and throttle body currently. I'll upgrade all of them as necessary as I start tuning.

At no stage have I ever expected it to just fire up and drive without some serious tweaking of the stock tune. Hell I was stunned it fired up first ever turn of the key!

I have some serious learning to do. :study:
TorqueItUp

Post by TorqueItUp »

Ok, well attempting to run TunerPro RT with the OSEPlugin1.8 is a disaster.

As I understood the instructions I went to My Documents/Tunerpro files/plugins and deleted version 1.5. I then ran the version 1.8 executable. I attempted to run Tunerpro and got missing file messages, possibly msvcr100.dll and a message to re-install Tunerpro.

So, I ran the Tunerpro installation again and now I get a message saying "The procedure entry point InitializeCriticalSectionEx could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel 32.dll.

Both times I restarted TunerPro, initially after running the V1.8 executable and after reinstalling TP, TunerPro did not detect OSEPlugin1.8 and therefore I was unable to select it despite it obviously being in the correct folder. Well, the icon is there and clicking on properties tells me it was created at 19:01:40, July 20, 2020 and is about 45KB. Seems legit to me.

I am now going to go and uninstall TunerPro, clean up the directories and start from scratch and attempt to install 1.8 and see if TP finds it this time.

Never had any problems with TP installation until now. Have you got v1.8 in a .zip file I can just extract and install manually Antus and give that a shot? Cheers.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Sounds like you a missing some Microsoft vc runtime files I'm sure antus will post a link of which package your pc is missing
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
TorqueItUp

Post by TorqueItUp »

Pretty much ready to start smashing laptops here.

So I'm worse off than I was two days ago again now. I have no idea why I'm getting this InitializeCriticalSectionEx error now and not previously. Well, I can only assume that the version of TP I had installed used a different instruction based on some quick research I did in to the issue. Apparently the InitializeCriticalSectionEx command isn't supported in XP and as I mentioned previously, TP won't run on the two other laptops I have access to and the only decent one isn't mine.

Now as I understand it I could edit the code in TP to change the command except that's beyond me.

"Since you need your DLL to run on an OS where InitializeCriticalSectionEx() is not available, you cannot static link to the function at compile time. That is why you are getting the entry point error.

Instead, you will have to load the InitializeCriticalSectionEx() function dynamically at runtime using GetProcAddress() (or the linker's delay-load feature, which uses GetProcAddress() internally).

If the InitializeCriticalSectionEx() function fails to load at runtime, your code can then fallback to using InitializeCriticalSection() instead."

After a second uninstall and reinstalling the Visual C++ package I still had to manually paste msvcr100.dll and mfc100.dll which then fixed that error on load up which I had to do last install as well. Obviously I still have the InitializeCriticalSectionEx error plus despite re-installing OSEPlugin1.8 again TP does not recognise it.

Top fun!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

This doesnt really make sense, and I understand your frustration. What operating system are you running?

The old oseplugin (1.50) needed the vc 10 runtimes, but this was an extra step that tripped a lot of people up. Since then tunerpro has been updated and includes newer libraries itself. So for oseplugin v1.80 I moved to VC 2017 runtimes which should be available out of the box on all newer systems, and I thought it was the same version as tunerpro, so if tunerpro runs, oseplugin should too.

So, for a VC2010 dll to be missing, that should mean the old version of the plugin would not have worked, and the new one should be unaffected and not warning about it. Also, if it was there before, it shouldnt have disappeared by deleting the old oseplugin. You should not need to concern yourself with these details, but I put them here for the users that want them.

Could it be another unrelated plugin on your system? Do you have a windows 10 system? I'll try to help you work through this, but if you are on windows xp or 7 and have a newer system you could use, I think there will be less trouble.

If you are on an older windows you can try the latest vc runtimes, perhaps they need them. If this helps i'll add a note to the install section of the oseplugin thread. "2015, 2017 and 2019" in 32bit or x64 depending your type of windows. https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/hel ... -downloads
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
TorqueItUp

Post by TorqueItUp »

Cheers Antus. Mate if just one component of this build went smoothly it would be a miracle I'm glad I've had a couple of witnesses for the entire journey because they can verify that every.... single.... step.... has been utterly laborious. From the day I received the block back, installed the bearings and started to torque the crank only to find the crank wouldn't turn it has been a litany of issues. So yes, I am frustrated beyond my ability to express it.

Nonetheless, we push on. Thanks for your reply. I could've stopped you but I agree in regards to information for anyone reading. It's my first go to before I ask but this is not simple setup of things. I've actually had to ask very little there is so much information already available. Finding it and remembering it are another thing at times mind you.

Anyway, when I have time to find something I like I'll buy a new laptop. In fact I'm gonna grab a cheap second hand one as soon as i can then take my time deciding what I want. Meanwhile, I'm using a borrowed W10 laptop, gargantuan thing but I7, decent specs to continue working with.

And still more problems.

So... I downloaded and installed TunerPro and before I even launched it downloaded OSEPlugin1.8 and ran the executable.

This laptop has Norton Security Installed. It deleted OSEPlugin1.8, flagging it as a trojan. WS.Reputation.1.

I've told the laptop owner it may be a false positive but I can't tell you any more at this stage. I guess I'll try to white list it or something and check the file size and report back? PS, I am completely unfamiliar with W10.
TorqueItUp

Post by TorqueItUp »

Apologies for the string of posts but I just wanted to update. Best I can tell is Norton is throwing a false positive on OSEPlugin1.8 so I'm going to go ahead and whitelist it and download it.

OK, done and run. I've launched TunerPro without errors having just prior updated to the latest version of C++ for this W10 laptop.

I've gone to the preferences to select the interface type after installing OSEPlugin1.8 and despite it clearly being that version in the Plugins folder, it shows up as 1.5 in the "Data ACQI. /O Plugin Component" tab. I'm assuming that's not an issue.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ok. I wondered for a minute if I had accidentally put the 1.50 plugin in the 1.80 installer. I deleted the plugin from my system, download 1.80 from pcmhacking.net, installed it, and checked the file on my machine. Its definitely 1.80.

So, this computer you have - windows 10. Lets stick with that. You are seeing plugin v1.50. We need to figure out where this is coming from. Was tunerpro on it before? Did it have 1.50 installed before? I suspect the answer to both questions is yes, and its still there. If you look in C:\Program Files (x86)\TunerPro RT\ can you see an oseplugin.dll file? Delete it. It should not have ever been installed there, but I know I some people were doing it and I know it does work. It just causes problems like this later. If that is the case, does 1.80 now show up in tunerpro?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
TorqueItUp

Post by TorqueItUp »

Alright, I'm up and away. It'll piss the neighbours off if I go out and fire it up now so I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I attempt to log again.

Previously on this W10 laptop, TunerPro wouldn't display the dash. I didn't want to make any changes to this laptop because it isn't mine.

Now at this stage, TP seems to be functioning perfectly. However, when I'm done using this laptop, the very next time something goes wrong with it, it'll be my fault. Hence my hesitation to use it.

As I mentioned earlier, I also have a crappy, albeit relatively small and light, W7 Celeron laptop that wouldn't display the dash. It might be fine for tuning too so I'll play with that some more this evening.

The old XP behemoth will live on as a laptop for music stuff I do that I never managed to get to work on anything beyond XP and I'll get another laptop when I can.

Thanks all for all the help to this point.