NVRAM/ALDL Connection and Error messages and worse

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
TorqueItUp

Re: NVRAM/ALDL Connection and Error messages and worse

Post by TorqueItUp »

antus wrote:Ok. I wondered for a minute if I had accidentally put the 1.50 plugin in the 1.80 installer. I deleted the plugin from my system, download 1.80 from pcmhacking.net, installed it, and checked the file on my machine. Its definitely 1.80.

So, this computer you have - windows 10. Lets stick with that. You are seeing plugin v1.50. We need to figure out where this is coming from. Was tunerpro on it before? Did it have 1.50 installed before? I suspect the answer to both questions is yes, and its still there. If you look in C:\Program Files (x86)\TunerPro RT\ can you see an oseplugin.dll file? Delete it. It should not have ever been installed there, but I know I some people were doing it and I know it does work. It just causes problems like this later. If that is the case, does 1.80 now show up in tunerpro?
Yes, this laptop had TP installed previously as mentioned above. I know I installed OSEPlugin1.5 in the plugins folder and I'd deleted or uninstalled that however I noticed during the install it found another folder and I reckon I may have put a copy of it in there originally. Anyway I deleted both files I had, ran the V1.8 executable and now I can select V1.8.

Just gotta grab my cable and set it up now.
TorqueItUp

Post by TorqueItUp »

Well the W10 laptop seems to be good to go but I can't get the W7, which is an i3 1.4GHz, I think I said Celeron earlier, with 4GB RAM laptop to display either the dashboard or the history tables. Would've been nice to not have to grab an interim laptop but if I can't get the W7 laptop to work I don't think I have a choice.
TorqueItUp

Post by TorqueItUp »

I managed to briefly hook up the W10 laptop yesterday arvo. It detected the hardware and connected however I still have what I assume to be a lot of data connection issues, around 3 a second. I didn't have it running long and my 'helper' was unable to record a log for me before bailing but in those few brief seconds I noticed a near constant reading of 10.0 for the wideband AFR. I don't need wideband to know it's not idling that rich.

First chance I get that'll be my next job, tracing that issue. I have a dual wideband setup which I assume is very similar if not identical to what Gareth has with a switch to select which signal goes to the PCM. That will be where I start.

At a glance it appeared the O2 signal was the only thing I wasn't getting a reading on and obviously that's vital to start tuning. I'll just mention here that I am currently only running the Spartan/Bosch WB until I can get the car driveable at which time I'll be able to get bungs welded in to run both the factory and WB sensors.

One final thing, it's absolutely critical to me that I become extremely familiar with the specifics of the tuning parameters and their functionality and effect as specific to me as I will need to continue to tune and refine as I make further changes in the future and that is precisely why I've gone this route.

With that in mind however I also need the car running as safely and efficiently as possible, ooh, about 8 months ago and being that I don't foresee myself achieving that by trial and error in any sort of a hurry, if there is anyone interested in doing a mail order tune for me once I have the teething issues sorted please PM me. I would be most grateful. TIA.