Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by joukoy »

kur4o wrote:It looks like you found some weird bug. I looked at the file. Couldn`t find something wrong, looked at at debug log. Again it stops for no reason at the start of segment 3. Opens good all kind of other files with that OS and anything ls1 I can throw.

I hope joukoy can figure the crash reason.
I can open this file without any errors.
Please test if it opens when "Search Tables" unchecked from "File Info" tab.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I figured the issue, after finding that it works fine on the other computer. It was a mising file in the xml folder, the reference_cvn file.

Here is the file, extract in the xml folder and restart program.
Attachments
Reference-CVN.rar
(171.09 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

I apologize if this has been covered before. 2003 1mb p59. I didn't notice an obvious way to see if a p59 .bin file is intel or AMD. My understanding is the AMD chipped hardware will allow either file but an intel should only use an intel file.
I ask because I was just dropped off what ended up being a non stock 2003 pcm with an intel chip then it dawned on me that I don't even have files separated by intel/amd... my bad.

p.s. Thanks guys for some awesome software :thumbup:
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

In-Tech wrote:I apologize if this has been covered before. 2003 1mb p59. I didn't notice an obvious way to see if a p59 .bin file is intel or AMD. My understanding is the AMD chipped hardware will allow either file but an intel should only use an intel file.
I ask because I was just dropped off what ended up being a non stock 2003 pcm with an intel chip then it dawned on me that I don't even have files separated by intel/amd... my bad.

p.s. Thanks guys for some awesome software :thumbup:
Actually you can search for AMD, See here

And, You can run AMD 1m OS'es on both Intel and AMD chipped PCM's.

You cannot run Intel Only OS'es on a AMD chipped PCM.
The only known Intel Only 1m OS is OsID:12579405 (that I know of), so just don't use that Os and you're good to go!
Last edited by Gampy on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Thank you for that Gampy,
I completely misunderstood, so, just to clarify one last time...On the rarer intel p59 you can use any of them but an AMD chipped p59 you should stick to AMD type files(use the search you guys worked out if in doubt)? I'm going to flow/clean the injectors in a few mins and then deliver the pcm, injectors and a few other parts in an while so I'll double check here before I go.
Thanks again :)
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

[edit] My apologies! It appears I misread your words, you are not confused ...
In-Tech wrote:On the rarer intel p59 you can use any of them but an AMD chipped p59 you should stick to AMD type files(use the search you guys worked out if in doubt)?
That is correct!

[delete] Still a bit confused ...

From the OS point of view ...
If it's an AMD OS it will work on both 1m chips.
If it's an Intel OS it will work only on Intel 1m chips.

If you search and find that sequence it is AMD and will work on both 1m chips. (Will work on All 1m PCM's)
If you search and do not find that sequence it is Intel and will work only on Intel 1m chips. (The only known OS that fits this category is OsID:12579405)

From the PCM point of view ...
If it's a AMD 1m chipped PCM, it can only run AMD 1m OS'es. (It cannot run OsID:12579405)
If it's a Intel 1m chipped PCM, it can run ALL 1m OS'es.

Sorry so late, boat broke in the middle of the lake on the kids, had to go get them ... Bad load of gasoline!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Gampy wrote:[edit] My apologies! It appears I misread your words, you are not confused ...
In-Tech wrote:On the rarer intel p59 you can use any of them but an AMD chipped p59 you should stick to AMD type files(use the search you guys worked out if in doubt)?
That is correct!

[delete] Still a bit confused ...

From the OS point of view ...
If it's an AMD OS it will work on both 1m chips.
If it's an Intel OS it will work only on Intel 1m chips.

If you search and find that sequence it is AMD and will work on both 1m chips. (Will work on All 1m PCM's)
If you search and do not find that sequence it is Intel and will work only on Intel 1m chips. (The only known OS that fits this category is OsID:12579405)

From the PCM point of view ...
If it's a AMD 1m chipped PCM, it can only run AMD 1m OS'es. (It cannot run OsID:12579405)
If it's a Intel 1m chipped PCM, it can run ALL 1m OS'es.

Sorry so late, boat broke in the middle of the lake on the kids, had to go get them ... Bad load of gasoline!
Sorry you guys had trouble at the lake.

As to what you posted, yup, that's what I am gathering now. I had it ass backwards before so thanks for helping me straighten my thoughts. :thumbup:
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank you and you're welcome ...

Snoman002
cars: 2005 Quadrasteer
2009 US Spec VXR8

Post by Snoman002 »

Folks,

I am working on a new Repo for BIN files (https://github.com/Snoman002/Engine-Tun ... e-TunerCat).

As part of this I wish to define an appropriate metacard structure, specifically for tools such as Universal Patcher. The hope is any of the tools can search, query, and parse the BINs available in the repo.

The intent of this post is to start discussion on the structuring of an XML metacard. The current Metacard is text based and poorly defined, not something tools could make much use of.
I think the first step is identifying items that should be tagged within the structure.

A short (incomplete) list
Stock/Modified (req)
Year (opt)
Vin (req)
OSID (req)
HW ID (opt)
Cylinders (opt)
Transmission (req)
Transmission Type (req)
Flex Fuel (yes/no)
and more (thanks NSFW for some of the ideas)

Items such as the cal ID could (should) be held as well. And although the VIN contains much of the vehicle info, the intent is to also make a (text) searchable structure for those who may be looking and downloading manually.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

The mandatory fields are: Vehicle make,type, platform, engine type[displacement], trans and driveline. Not any of this can be found in the bin, Only by decoding the vin and the rpo codes. Or you can define each cal part number. For example p/n xxxxxxxxx- engine cal for 2003 5.3l lm3 used with OS yyyyyyyy.