Can anyone identify this memcal?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Jackson.
cars: LX Torana

Can anyone identify this memcal?

Post by Jackson. »

Does this memcal look familiar to anyone?

I bought a VT 5l conversion a fair while back that had the VATS removed already. Its all in the car and running but is super rich and runs like dogs balls. Backfiring out the intake if you give it a throttle stab

Just wanted to try trackdown whoever has done this for a little info. Should it not just run like a stock car
Attachments
IMG_1226.jpg
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Can anyone identify this memcal?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I’m pretty sure that’s how horse power factory label their memcal... but could be anyone with 1 of those generic label makers!
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Looks and sounds like it's screwed ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well CJDN is VT 5L Auto .... so one would assue if that is the base and just vats removed then it should run a stock engine.

is the dizzy set correctly ? if you put it in diag mode do you get any error codes from it ?
Jackson.

Post by Jackson. »

Have played around with timing a fair amount and not had much luck.

Ive done a little more reading and apparently these ECUs lean heavy on data from the vehicle speed sensor and can cause this problem?

I have a T56 behind the VT 5l, what would i need to do regarding the vss
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Shouldn't have to play around with the timing, you should put it in diagnostic mode so it's static and set it at 10 degrees by turning the distributer.

No VSS might cause mild driveability problems, but not when the car is stationary in neutral and idling.

Have you checked the fuel pressure?
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Did this memcal ever work? Have you checked the fuel pressure before condemning it? A lot more info is required to help.
Usually backfiring is caused by a lean mixture.
Jackson.

Post by Jackson. »

Am i able to check fuel pressure without any tools? Checking air/fuel ratio through an aldl cable doesnt help does it?

I bridged the earth and diagnostic wires and set the timing but was still pretty garbage

I have an ALDL cable and advanced engine diagnostics from envyous customs. Is there anything i can check in there or any other software
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

There's no proper way to check fuel pressure via software. You need to connect a physical gauge.

If the pressure behind the injector isn't what the software expects, it doesn't matter how many fancy calculations the software does to work out how long to open the injector, the fuel delivery will never be right.

Especially since this is a engine going into a new vehicle, you obviously would of had to setup or plumb up a fuel pump and fuel return line, even if the pump was something the vehicle already had, so you should be checking and confirming it even if you didn't notice any problems.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au