Pcmlogger EGR/WB profile

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Re: Pcmlogger EGR/WB profile

Post by joukoy »

Stokes1114 wrote:Not sure on the time outs. I've used PCM logger, but have not tried with any profile other than what was already on there. What adapter are you using? I have my aem x series as (volts*2.375)+7.3125, is yours working correctly?
I have tested wb logging only shortly, because I had connection problems (another thread) but I think it is working ok.
I will add serial port connection to aem and log reference data, using hack I created for Innovate.
Some day...
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Stokes1114 wrote:What adapter are you using?
Obdlink LX
Stokes1114
cars: 93 K1500, 5.7, 4L60E, 16168625 $E6

Post by Stokes1114 »

joukoy wrote:
Stokes1114 wrote:What adapter are you using?
Obdlink LX
I'll try using PCM logger tomorrow with your file and obdlink to see how it acts. Are you just modifying the XML in a notepad? I wish I knew more about that type of file.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Stokes1114 wrote: I'll try using PCM logger tomorrow with your file and obdlink to see how it acts. Are you just modifying the XML in a notepad? I wish I knew more about that type of file.
Yes, notepad.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Finally analog and digital/serial AFR in one log. Quite close to each other.

Btw. Running rich at wot ?
Attachments
AnalogAfr-SerialAfr.JPG
AnalogAfr-SerialAfr.JPG (35.15 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Congratulations on getting it working, that's really cool.

12.5:1 is pretty reasonable for full throttle, max power is often in that range. Air is the scarce ingredient, and I read somewhere that adding a little extra fuel helps to ensure that 100% of the air gets combusted.

It might also be partly because extra fuel allows a little more timing advance without knock (due to cooling, if I remember right). Turbo cars rely a lot on that, my Subaru runs around 11:1 at WOT (and stock it was almost 10:1), but I don't know if it's useful for NA cars to go that rich.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
aaronc7
cars: 2003 C5Z
2017 Audi S3

Post by aaronc7 »

My go for the LS1 NA is 12.5 (on the gas 14.7:1 scale) AFR. Some dudes target around 13:1, but in my experience, minimal power gain, so I prefer to have a little extra cooling and headroom. Also since it's open loop at WOT...12.5 adds in another safety factor for inconsistencies.
Nick J
cars: ls swap e36 bmw

Post by Nick J »

Guys, I have been trying to get this to work to log WB on my p59 using PCMlogger. I used the example 2 script and added some stuff. I am using a Innovate WBo2 that has 5 volt output (verified that it is 0v = 7.35 AFR and 5v = 22.39, and i verified that I do have voltage output from the Innovate.
I cant get the WB signal to show up in the log file, it just reads 7.35. I tried using the fuel tank pressure (which I cant find any flags to turn on or off in the PCM) so I added those wires to my PCM at the appropriate blue/green pins per the earlier thread. Let me know what else to check or what I am doing wrong. My logging profile script is below.

<Parameter Name="AFR (EGR) FTP" DefineBy="Pid" ByteCount="1" Address="0xFFF2E2">
<Conversion Name="AFR" Expression="(x*3.008)+7.35" />
</Parameter>

I also tried the same script with byte count = 2. This is not my thing so I could have something wrong here.

I love using PCM hammer and PCM logger seems to be working well too... just need to get this WBo2 figured out so I can log and tune.

Thanks in advance.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Nick J wrote:Guys, I have been trying to get this to work to log WB on my p59 using PCMlogger. I used the example 2 script and added some stuff. I am using a Innovate WBo2 that has 5 volt output (verified that it is 0v = 7.35 AFR and 5v = 22.39, and i verified that I do have voltage output from the Innovate.
I cant get the WB signal to show up in the log file, it just reads 7.35. I tried using the fuel tank pressure (which I cant find any flags to turn on or off in the PCM) so I added those wires to my PCM at the appropriate blue/green pins per the earlier thread. Let me know what else to check or what I am doing wrong. My logging profile script is below.

<Parameter Name="AFR (EGR) FTP" DefineBy="Pid" ByteCount="1" Address="0xFFF2E2">
<Conversion Name="AFR" Expression="(x*3.008)+7.35" />
</Parameter>

I also tried the same script with byte count = 2. This is not my thing so I could have something wrong here.

I love using PCM hammer and PCM logger seems to be working well too... just need to get this WBo2 figured out so I can log and tune.

Thanks in advance.
I think you have wrong address, for fuel tank pressure use Address="0x114E"
See this:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6888&start=10#p102258