Holden V6 Aclaim PCM memory.

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
JohnDee68
cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.

Holden V6 Aclaim PCM memory.

Post by JohnDee68 »

Hi all enthusiasts,
I know I'm dealing with an old 2002 vehicle being a Holden 8/2002 Vx Acclaim v6 3.8L, but it's all I have.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what size memory the PCM has in these vehicles?
As I am trying to confirm correct mapping of the settings I'm using in TunerProRT.

Any knowledgeable help always appreciated.
It has the attached PCM type in it.

Thanks,
John.
Attachments
PCM outside
PCM outside
Internals of PCM
Internals of PCM
The1

Re: Holden V6 Aclaim PCM memory.

Post by The1 »

they are 1mbit.

You can use enhanced mod, it has a bin with xdf and adx for logging. Just write the whole bin first, they upload calibration changes later.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518
Upload and download bin and calibration files with an aldl cable.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3616
You can use Flashtool to read/write whole bin or cal to ecu.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It's just the standard VX naturally aspirated PCM which has a flash chip on it & can be read(with freeware flashtool on this site, just need aldl cable) & then make changes most likely with $BDb xdf(but need to confirm once you get your bin off) & then flash calibration back with flashtool & test,log,change....enjoy!

EDIT:The1 is onto it above!
JohnDee68

Post by JohnDee68 »

Hi guys, you are the guru I have no doubt. Maybe I'm not wording my query correctly?

I am just finding that either the settings of the OSE flash software or user error, but it seems that it's not downloading the whole of the available memory from the PCM. I refer to when requesting to down load say a bin file in the address range 000000 to 000FFFF you don't get data from the PCM in address location 01FFFF to 0FFFFF.
I was hoping to know what is the size of the memory chip so I can actually download the full memory (hex) of all what is in the chip. I could guess and give it a range to say 512Mb but that might be way out of any chip range used.

Hope that is clearer. Thank you though for your advice it's appreciated and I learn with all what is mentioned here, so nothing is a waste of time when learning is achieved.

John.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Chip is 1024Mb What cable are you using to download from the PCM?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

in the options of the flashtool, just use dropdown for flash pcm in vehicle or on bench(whichever your using) & it will know & choose all the correct settings...
JohnDee68

Post by JohnDee68 »

I'm using an ALDL cable bought through Envious in WA.

I've used the VX in car and recently on bench, also custom mapping. All seem to give varied location lengths and consequently varied memory sizes it seems when I've download the bin file data and view it in a hex viewer.

I beleive it's somehow I hadn't been downloading all memory range from the PCM. Which is why I was going to try the whole of the PCM range to see if it's OK in the upper range.

I'll try the 1024Mb as a starting point which would be 3D090000 hex.

I'll see what I can try and figure out with the seemingly miss matching issues. As i still am unclear if it's just me.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

JohnDee68 wrote:Hi guys, you are the guru I have no doubt. Maybe I'm not wording my query correctly?

I am just finding that either the settings of the OSE flash software or user error, but it seems that it's not downloading the whole of the available memory from the PCM. I refer to when requesting to down load say a bin file in the address range 000000 to 000FFFF you don't get data from the PCM in address location 01FFFF to 0FFFFF.
I was hoping to know what is the size of the memory chip so I can actually download the full memory (hex) of all what is in the chip. I could guess and give it a range to say 512Mb but that might be way out of any chip range used.

Hope that is clearer. Thank you though for your advice it's appreciated and I learn with all what is mentioned here, so nothing is a waste of time when learning is achieved.

John.
The Flash size is 1M bit, not 1M byte (which is what your hex values indicate you're expecting to read).

Joe.