PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Programs / Tools / Scripts
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Post by ironduke »

Rando wrote:
ironduke wrote:
Rando wrote:It appears im communicating and completing the read process, Excuse my ignorance, but should it prompt me to save a bin, or does this do it automatically and i need to search my directory for it?
it's just in memory, now you click File on the top left and select save file..
is it common to not have a file type drag down box to save as? i have no options when the load is complete, i go to save, it will take me to folders, i can name, but no drag down options. Dont ya love helping new people trying to break stuff out? lol :lol:
it saves it as a .bin file. select the folder you want it saved in and type in the name you want for it.. it'll be saved there as whateveryoutyped.bin
Rando
cars: couple old camaros

Post by Rando »

it is not saving it as a .bin file, and there is no options to drag down to save as .bin. its empty.

I save anyway, and the file has the name, but has "file" as its extension and then does not load back into the program.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Rando wrote:it is not saving it as a .bin file, and there is no options to drag down to save as .bin. its empty.

I save anyway, and the file has the name, but has "file" as its extension and then does not load back into the program.
lol.. sorry my bad.. Save it again and simply add the .bin yourself at the end of the filename..

you could even just rename the file you have to end in .bin and it should work fine as well..
Last edited by ironduke on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rando
cars: couple old camaros

Post by Rando »

The novice is really evident! Thank You again for all your help in turning my boredom into something to do and learn.
yoheer

Post by yoheer »

Is there any XDF for e38 and e67 ECUs?
daniel2345

Post by daniel2345 »

Hi.

I had taken quite a break on this stuff.
The Project of my friend was stopped during summer and corona since we all had to deal with serious stuff :)

I read the last two pages. Cheap Toyota J2534 is not working?
Ill look up init error 7 the next days.

MDI2 worked in the end by pointing to the other dll?

I will try to finish ELM327 support or drop it completely - depends on how much this stupid ic strikes my nerves :D

And i wanted to add some timing function in the kernel to let it fall back to ready state in case any communication problems.

And i can add .bin suggestion in file dialogs. Good idea.

But it will still take some days.

Hope you are all fine. Best regards,

Daniel
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Good to see you are still around and interested in developimg this further. Is there any chance of a full os flash? I know it is not 100% safe but its something a lot of people need and would use.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Glad to see your back, hope all is well with everything else going on in this crazy world..

As far as MDI 2, yes.. Once you change to look at the MDI 2 folder instead of the MDI folder then it can see the MDI 2.. However it cannot see a regular MDI looking at this folder so it needs to be changed back or simply restart your program to see a regular MDI again..

I had stalled on the ELM327 programming since I had sort of figured out how to use the MDI, wow what a difference.. Although the ELM327 is the cheapest by far and I was able to get it to work to read and write an E38 I don't think you should spend tons of time on it as a cheap china clone MDI is available for about $160 and there might even be cheaper options than that..

My toyota J2534 that I used to have did work for gm sps programming and I suspect it would have worked with your software.. I screwed it up playing around trying to update it and it's now a brick.. I bought another one but that one is different? it fails for gm sps,tech2win,etc.. everything so I am not surprised that it does not work with your software.. I had changed computers since I had the first one so I don't have anything to compare with.. When I have a few spare moments I'll dig out this non working newer clone and try again, see if I can give you any additional information..
daniel2345

Post by daniel2345 »

antus wrote:Good to see you are still around and interested in developimg this further. Is there any chance of a full os flash? I know it is not 100% safe but its something a lot of people need and would use.

Hi.

Yes, still around :)

At the moment im not developing full os flash for this tool. I wanted to wait some time while people are testing and the tool is considered "stable" with your common J2534 Devices...

Then i need to think about other developers. Like Tazi, who sells similar stuff for a fair price and has a small company.
Dont know yet, have to think about :)
daniel2345

Post by daniel2345 »

ironduke wrote:Glad to see your back, hope all is well with everything else going on in this crazy world..

As far as MDI 2, yes.. Once you change to look at the MDI 2 folder instead of the MDI folder then it can see the MDI 2.. However it cannot see a regular MDI looking at this folder so it needs to be changed back or simply restart your program to see a regular MDI again..

I had stalled on the ELM327 programming since I had sort of figured out how to use the MDI, wow what a difference.. Although the ELM327 is the cheapest by far and I was able to get it to work to read and write an E38 I don't think you should spend tons of time on it as a cheap china clone MDI is available for about $160 and there might even be cheaper options than that..

My toyota J2534 that I used to have did work for gm sps programming and I suspect it would have worked with your software.. I screwed it up playing around trying to update it and it's now a brick.. I bought another one but that one is different? it fails for gm sps,tech2win,etc.. everything so I am not surprised that it does not work with your software.. I had changed computers since I had the first one so I don't have anything to compare with.. When I have a few spare moments I'll dig out this non working newer clone and try again, see if I can give you any additional information..

Yes, additional information will help, sure. Thanks :)