Putty for OBD?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Fixed until broken
cars: 2002 GMC Sierra

Putty for OBD?

Post by Fixed until broken »

Stupid question but is there some terminal like Putty I can use with Bafx or obdlink on PC. Both of them are bluetooth.
I wasn't sure where to post my dumb question so here I am lol.

I will throw a second question in here since I have your attention lol. If you wanted to talk GM class 2 with an arduino how would you do it? like not step by step but what would be your course of action. I did try a few projects off github but neither of them really worked at all... I feel like this one of those if you have to ask its out of your skillset. which is probably true. I just need a direction to go to start reading more.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Putty for OBD?

Post by antus »

you can literally use putty and connect to the device com port, then enter elm style commands in to the terminal.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Fixed until broken
cars: 2002 GMC Sierra

Re: Putty for OBD?

Post by Fixed until broken »

I literally just logged in to delete this post because I realized that it is just serial over bluetooth. Didn't even know that was a thing :lol: sorry I am a dumbass lol. I figured it was something different because it was bluetooth.