blm tuning help please!!!

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Vsbt15l
cars: Vs bt1 5l

blm tuning help please!!!

Post by Vsbt15l »

histogram 100%.png
histogram 100%.png
hey guys just having a bit of trouble tuning a 1996 vs 5l auto 11p
im trying to tune part throttle/closed loop fuel tuning but having problems with the blm histogram at first i was getting weird numbers like -9.352 in the histogram then i edited the adx by copying a 12p adx setting into the 11p one and made it read correct numbers eg 100% 95.2% 98.7% but then pasting them into the ve by histogram on exel i end up with crazy results that dont look correct.
i will attach screenshots so you guys can see please any help much appriciated as i am lost and not sure if i am doing anything incorrect?
Attachments
histogram ve2.png
histogram ve1.png
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: blm tuning help please!!!

Post by Dylan »

Seriously, install a wideband turn of closed loop and tune the whole VE table. That's the hard way. And old school.
Vsbt15l

Post by Vsbt15l »

i have a wide band on my dyno not connected to tuner pro i was gonna tune 14.7 up to 80 kpa by tuning blms then tune open loop 90-100kpa just by matching up rpm with dyno and tunerpro
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I agree wideband would be a much better way to to this. Either install it to the wideband input in to the PCM or do it manually like you describe but for more of the table.

But if you do want to continue do it the way you are I think you need to look at your spreadsheet. Divide 100 by the BLM % and and multiply the existing VE by the same. So 87% existing VE, with 98% fuel means 100/98=1.02 so ve 87*1.02=88.74 new ve. Update that cell. Im not sure how your getting a % in the hundreds.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vsbt15l

Post by Vsbt15l »

So the ve by histogram spread sheet is not made to convert data from blms\ltfts to the ve table?
Does it just work for a wideband?
I’m happy to run a wideband to the Ecu but I do not want it there permanent I just want to tune the car as fast and efficient as possible.

For example what I’m trying to do is I tune a lot of late model commodore ls engines with hp tuners and I tune closed loop with the original narrow band o2s really quick by gathering data with a histogram and I copy the data to the ve table and paste special mutyply by % and it does the mathematical equations for you literally within 2 Dyno pulls / loads 0-4000rpm 0-50%tps and all closed loop tuning is fully tuned.

So I thought that I can tune this car similar to the way I tune on hptuners
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im not sure what that spreadsheet is, it shouldnt be hard to make a spread sheet to do whatever you want, but I'd say it would be for wideband. I havnt seen anyone do BLM tuning in the last 10 years with the wideband support in 11P, 12P and the enhanced MAF PCMs.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396