Segment Swap utility

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Re: Segment Swap utility

Post by kur4o »

Looking very good. It will need some further polishing, just take your time.

Some small bugs I noticed. In the editor the dtc address is not the status address but the dtc table address. When i try to import seektable it throughs a crash error. On hitting import DTC it imports all the suff seek tables and DTC.

Some more ideas. It will be nice if you can open more than 1 bin. It is already sorted by OS. List tables for each os for cross comparing. When you open a table it will print file name OS, and p/n of segment and address of table, the table is read from, somewhere in the header. Different modes can be added too. Single file edit, multiple files edit. You can cross search tables from all years, and compare with ease. Not sure if you plan to add more editor features like copy paste tables, import,export and so on. Opening more than 1 table will be nice too.

Here is the beta ls1 seek tables. Some tables are found on 99-00, and all from 01-07 if the tables are present since not all tables are present accross years.
Attachments
table-seek.rar
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
joukoy
cars: Pontiac Firebird 1978

Post by joukoy »

Known bugs fixed.
Added copy/paste and csv export to Tuner and Table Editor
Allow opening multiple tables.
xdf imported flags are using "Units" for storing mask, i leave it this way if it's not too confusig?
For example: Units: "Mask: 0x1"
This can be used too, if you add manually flags to tuner table list.

Editing multiple files same time requires massive rewrite of program.
It is possible, but don't know when have time for it.
As a workaround you can run multiple copies of UniversalPatcher.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Great work so far.
I found some bug in the x/y swap in the tuner editor. Sometimes it gets weird when you hit it more than once.
Can we add an external checkbox for it, for easy access.

If it is possible to display raw hex values in the tables, It will be really good for debugging conversion factor and confirm tables addresses. Maybe switchable with checkbox.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Raw hex display added to Table editor.
xdf import bugs fixed.
If table have description, it will show as tooltip when moving mouse cursor over table data. Can be disabled by menu.

Removed "datatype", added "Floating" and "outputtype" to TableData definition.
Now handling is like this:
Read from binary:
- 1, 2, 4 or 8 bytes integer or unsigned integer, or
- 4 or 8 bytes Floating point
And show as (using Math):
- Floating, integer, hex or text, or
- Raw hex if selected from menu.

Data is assumed to be Big Endian always...
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

version info is wrong, shows 15.3 instead of 15.53 .. Great work though!!!
Stokes1114
cars: 93 K1500, 5.7, 4L60E, 16168625 $E6

Post by Stokes1114 »

This is just awesome. Can't believe how great this has become! Thanks for the hard work guys..I'll have some UNLOCKED xdf's to contribute very soon thanks to this tool.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Version number fix :)
Fix for tooltip disable
Support for saving 8 byte values and fix for floating point saving. (Is there any floating points used?)
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Now Table Editor will not lose data when switching between calculated/raw data or swapping x/y

More xdf import bugs fixed, but it can only convert from "Conversion" (Math) to "SavingMath" when conversion is simple, starting with x*, x/, x+ or x-

If someone can create better functions for this, plase send copy/link.
For example: 0.12345*x-40
Yes, I know how to convert THIS, but how to create function for all possible variations?

There may still be conversions using other tables etc, in this case better to use TunerPro.
joukoy

Post by joukoy »

Min/Max to TableSeek & TableData
Currently used only for xdf export
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I tried the xdf import on a full blown xdf that have almost anything you can imagine. It is still far from perfect but I really don`t care much for it. I guess it will take tons of work to fully support all the features.

As for the saving math can you just put in brackets and reverse the equation. For example {x*1.25}+40 = displayvalue, and reversed {displayvalue-40}/1.25

There is much more complex stuff with linked output for example [{x*1.25}+{y*1.25}]/2 y=linked object from the xdf, it can be value taken from raw location or converted from other scalar.

Here is some xdf if you want to play with it more. There is presets, bitmasks,patches, All kind of linked math.
Attachments
EEXTRA v0[1].001[MOD_V0005_03_02]V9.xdf
(1 MiB) Downloaded 161 times