Mail order tune. S14 super charged VN V6 Gemini

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Kingsley
cars: 79 TD Gemini

Mail order tune. S14 super charged VN V6 Gemini

Post by Kingsley »

Hi everyone,
A little bit of my background, I'm very hands on at building cars and getting my hands dirty. I'm old school carby with a "do it myself" farmer attitude.
However....
I built a 79 Gemini in my early 20's running series's one VN V6 with a S14 supercharger.
I had it tuned with a E6GM Haltech ecu.
It was tuned to "work" at the time but I have since learnt that it's a very poor tune and it won't even idol when cold.

I put the call out for some help with it, when an old friend responded with a modified Delco unit, using tunerpro RT to make changes to the tuning.
The friend was able to source a bin file final tune from another VN V6 with S14.

I've been able to load the bin and run the car and drive. It does feel much better and is now controlling the TCC. We've been able to calibrate the speed sensor pulses and set some of the options to suit the application.
I am running a tech edge wide band with good feedback.

When I say "we", I really meant my friend has been able to do this remotely from his computer and location.
Although very computer literate, he's not confident to adjust the tuning and is very time poor like all of us.

According to the logs, the desired AF ration needs to be richer under boost but also needs to be leaner on idol and cold starts. The IAC doesn't appear to be opening enough for start up and requires me to press the throttle to start it and run for a couple minutes. Although, leaning it out a bit may help with this.

I have 3 logs of recent drives and a cold start log.
I'm so far out of my league to even know where to begin to bring the tune to the desired level seen on the replayed logs.

Is there's someone who is willing to make these changes to the bin, then allow me to do some more logs and repeat a few times until we arr following to the set points on the acquired bin file?
Happy to pay for the time required to achieve the end result.

Thanks
Kingsley
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Mail order tune. S14 super charged VN V6 Gemini

Post by Charlescrown »

Going on your heading mail order tunes are like mail order brides. You have no idea till you try them out. OK after the pun really it's best to get someone competent with a wideband and logging gear to start the process. Really it's the best and quickest way to get results.
Maybe broadcasting your location might get some response.
Kingsley

Post by Kingsley »

I have a wideband feeding to the computer and I'm able to log the runs.
My location is South Australia , 100km eat if Adelaide so there isn't anything locally who understands tunerpro.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

This is the bin and some logs from the car
Attachments
kinglsey gemini sc14 v6.zip
(508.65 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I downloaded the zip file and it says it contains a virus or malware. Is it safe to open?
Kingsley

Post by Kingsley »

I have faith that antus has provided the file as a safe download.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its definately clean, but I get a false positive on firefox and chrome too. I overrode that and opened it and it definitely only has 2 XDL files and 1 BIN file so cant have any virus.

Virustotal agrees. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/aba ... /detection

Its a pitty browser makes have started doing such a poor job of virus scanning, which isnt even their job. :cry:

Edit: I had to register pcmhacking with google to check their malware report. It looks like its suddenly decided that ls1flash-free is malware because of its packer. Thats the real false positive and because of it, every download on the site is now flagged. I've advised google through the forms, but they're just being a PITA with a bad call.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kingsley

Post by Kingsley »

Anyone able to help with this please?