is this possible? copy and save oem cals

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: is this possible? copy and save oem cals

Post by ironduke »

gmtech825 wrote:yes it's the 2015 E92

my commands match yours essentially, But i'm manually typing them into a console. Maybe I'm not able to send them fast enough because I have to manually send them? I am sending a periodic tester present message also.
I need a decent way to automatically send these messages, But it seems most programs I find won't work with the tools I have.
If your using a terminal tool see if it has programmable function keys.. Then you can program the seed request, key being sent, programming mode, vin change request, send 30, send line 2, send line 3 with function keys.. then it's just a matter of smashing keys in order and hoping to get the timing right.. lol.. It can be done, that's how I first did it..

I can probably put something together for you to just change the vin.. maybe later tonight..
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

Gampy wrote:Quick hijack ...

gmtech825,

IIRC you have access to a MDI2, it would be much appreciated if you would test PCM Hammer Release 015 (Preview) using the MDI2 and post results in that thread.

Thank you.
oh hey, I didn't realize there's a new release. I will check it out. the issue I was trying to fix in the OS when the last fail to write happened magically was fixed after that attempt so I didn't attempt it again. do you want me to test a read, cal write, full write or all of the above? being that it is winter my other truck is put away so if this truck bricks I'm SOL
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I get the winter thing, ours are all snuggled up for the winter as well.

No need to risk a write, a 'Read Full PCM' and a 'Test Write' will prove the communications ... That is all that is needed.

Thank you!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

Gampy wrote:I get the winter thing, ours are all snuggled up for the winter as well.

No need to risk a write, a 'Read Full PCM' and a 'Test Write' will prove the communications ... That is all that is needed.

Thank you!

sure thing, anything I can do to help out!
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

When you programmed this used ECM did you select remove and replace and did you type in the VIN of the truck the ECM was going into??

I do think sps should have been able to change the vin for you..

sps uses the same 3b command to write the vin at the end of programming the OS and flash, don't think doing it manually would work if sps failed?
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

there is no remove and replace option for this ecm. When I try to change the vin that populates, sps pops up with an error stating the VIN is incorrect. This is GM's intent. they don't want us changing Module VINs.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

gmtech825 wrote:there is no remove and replace option for this ecm. When I try to change the vin that populates, sps pops up with an error stating the VIN is incorrect. This is GM's intent. they don't want us changing Module VINs.
When you first start sps and before you've even told it what the vehicle is you can choose reprogram or remove and replace.. This is what I am talking about, not the prepare for removal that may or may not show up in the ecu list after it gets the vehicle info using the mdi..

reprogram and remove and replace can do 2 different things..
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

yeah I selected replacement. pre-2014MY I haven't had any issues writing vins with SPS.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

gmtech825 wrote:yeah I selected replacement. pre-2014MY I haven't had any issues writing vins with SPS.
k, thanks for letting me know.. one of those mundane things to check, ya know..

I do have a bench E92 at home, I'll see if 3b90 can change the vin.. I checked and I do have a sps log that does use the 3b90 at the end but it's writing the same vin that's already in the ecu.. I couldn't find one that changed the vin, might be at home though since that ios where the bench ecu is set up..
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

ironduke wrote:
gmtech825 wrote:yeah I selected replacement. pre-2014MY I haven't had any issues writing vins with SPS.
k, thanks for letting me know.. one of those mundane things to check, ya know..

I do have a bench E92 at home, I'll see if 3b90 can change the vin.. I checked and I do have a sps log that does use the 3b90 at the end but it's writing the same vin that's already in the ecu.. I couldn't find one that changed the vin, might be at home though since that ios where the bench ecu is set up..

awesome, thanks