Dodge bins checksum

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
kur4o

Dodge bins checksum

Post by kur4o »

I post here since there is no dodge specific subforum.

I need some help figuring the dodge pcm checksums.

Here is 2 files[from ngc3 pcm used with 05 ram] that are almost identical. The first part of the file is missing $0-$10000 range[The boot block]. It is not revalent to checksums since it never gets updated during oem flash.

The 05 dodge pcm uses powerPC processor that is quite similar to e38 pcms.

Some older dodge files that have known checksum algorithm can help too if they keep the pattern through out the years.
Attachments
dodge_bins.zip
(815.09 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Dodge bins checksum

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I’m not sure how to calculate the cks but I can probably get those files corrected if needed to see where/what it is?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:I’m not sure how to calculate the cks but I can probably get those files corrected if needed to see where/what it is?
ANy help will be appreciated.

Here is some more bins. This time complete binaries.
One is sligthly changed 2 bytes. YOu can clearly see the 2 checksum locations but have no clue about range and method of calculation.
Attachments
dodge_bins2.zip
(848.75 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

like I said I can't tell you how the checksum works for these especially as it's modified it in a few areas but this is the checksum corrected in the P0016 delete file.

With the bin's you posted earlier as they aren't the correct format I can't open them to edit, have you got them in full format & what are they all to suit?
Attachments
56028958AG_P0016 with CKS .bin
(1 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:like I said I can't tell you how the checksum works for these especially as it's modified it in a few areas but this is the checksum corrected in the P0016 delete file.

With the bin's you posted earlier as they aren't the correct format I can't open them to edit, have you got them in full format & what are they all to suit?
The cut out come from some dodge cd. They are missing some of the bootblock. I found that the same bootblock is used on lots of these, just need to add the first $10000 bytes from the good file to the cut out ones.

I made some test bins. If you can run them to fix the checksum I will be really happy. It will give some head start for the range of them.
Attachments
dodge_bins3_test.rar
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 153 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Here's 6 of those 7 files with checksums fixed, the test6 didn't have any checksum to be fixed.
Attachments
Dodge NGC3 CKS fixed files.zip
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 157 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I pasted the bootblock from other NGC3 file to the first 2 you posted but they didn't have any checksum to be corrected either.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Yes they should be good. I post them for comparison.

I see 3 checksums with different range. The bootblock is excluded.
One is supposed to be a 8 bit sum of all stuff. The other possibly some kind of crc16.
Great help. I will try to narrow down stuff and might need some more files fixed later for comparison.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Sum is figured. 8bit sum 2`s complement. The range was a little tricky to find.
The other 2s are on the list.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I am almost sure about the range for the other 2 checksums, but they seem to use some custom crc-16. I will have a hard time figuring it out.

Can you run this batch too.
Attachments
dodge_bins4_test.rar
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 145 times