LSx Coil Driver

Ecu Hardware Modifications
Gareth

Re: LSx Coil Driver

Post by Gareth »

please do...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

Aussy7 wrote:Hay is it still possible to get the coil drivers been chasing one for my car for awhile now but idk what happened I know bbg use to sell them, any info would be nice.
The last lot he did required an order for 16 or more to make it worth his while.
A guy on FB L67Torque site organise a group buy recently for the 16 units. But getting people to put their money up after saying they wanted one was painful for the organiser. He probably wont be to keen to do it again. If you could get 16 people to put their money up front you maybe able to get VL400 to do another run of them.
Matadore

Post by Matadore »

if anyone has one of these for sale or if there is another batch in the works id be very keen!

I'm looking for reliability in long hot runs, is there any issue/advantage with remote mounting the std coils off the std DFI system?

Cheers
Gorgon
cars: vr,vx,vy

Post by Gorgon »

I've got the opportunity to buy one of these through a mate, how much should i be paying? couldnt find an original price anywhere i looked.

Semi off topic where are the dwell times in tunerpro? Is it named something other than dwell
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

These have not been availble for quite a while, so I cant really comment on that, you'll need to work something out with your mate. Tunerpro doesnt have settings itself, the settings are in the XDF file you are using with tunerpro with and what you can modify depends on what the XDF you are using defines. It also must match the operating system.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gorgon
cars: vr,vx,vy

Post by Gorgon »

Thanks for the quick reply. How about a ball park figure? the guy wants 500 which seems a bit rich
The XDF is the vy v6 one from The1 enhanced factory bins. I've had a good look through but cant find dwell, i could just be a moron though
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

seems a bit rich. I picked one up last your for only about a 1/5th the price.

I've had a quick look through some of the XDF's for the ecotecs and don't see much reference to dwell at all, only a single setting.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

$500 is a bit much in my opinion but they are no longer made so it is supply and demand.
I would say in the range of $200 to $300.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah tell him hes dreaming!

i guess though, is there another product out there that you can use on your particular car to get the same result, if there isnt then how much do you want that feature!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think the dwell is in code for that OS, not a table. But I also think the stock dwell times should be fine for the LS1 coils
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396