os9381344 4l80e bin?

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
tt03

Re: os9381344 4l80e bin?

Post by tt03 »

Ohh alrighty lol so just a matter of disabling diagnostics for 4wd? I'll take a look at the differences in the diagnostics of the bins once I take a look at the two, currently looking for an xdf for os9381344 however cant find one but did find something saying that there are xdfs but seem to be segments or incomplete. I have another question(my apologies i'm just very curious) so say I have a 2000 engine and pcm and decide to put a 2001 pcm tune on it, would this cause issues? Given both the engine and transmission match but are there other things like ac related or sensor related that would cause issues? Sorry for the lengthy reply and Thank You for the help!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
There will be much confusion between the different years of these. The hardware side is the early computer, like you have, has the "chips" to do the air injection and the egr. The later "0411" style does not. You can interchange OS between the two but may not have the complete functions. Certain "896" early red/blues can do DBW and some don't, just like later p59's can do some and not the other. Also like you mentioned, there is some weirdo AC control or not control but mostly to software settings. Being you are involved with freeware, it can be a lot to read and absorb. IMO I would figure out what you need to have control of and then find the best PCM and OS that can do with your existing harness or an easy adapt. I'm never mad at the aftermarket for doing a decent job of providing mostly a simple solution. It just tends to cost more than DIY. DIY costs time is all. I wish you the best of luck and there are many people around that will help what they can. :)
tt03

Post by tt03 »

Alright thanks for explaining that! Appreciate the help and knowledge. I will just stick with using the stock OS as I can modify everything I need already.