VXDiag VCX Nano

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Gampy

VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Gampy »

Couple questions ...

Does the VXDiag VCX Nano device itself and it's DLL, require registration ... ie: does it have some sort of licensing scheme ??
I'm not talking about any of the crapware included ... Just the device and it's driving dll.

Has anyone weeded out the crap and got just the bare bones minimums it requires to operate ??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:Couple questions ...

Does the VXDiag VCX Nano device itself and it's DLL, require registration ... ie: does it have some sort of licensing scheme ??
I'm not talking about any of the crapware included ... Just the device and it's driving dll.

Has anyone weeded out the crap and got just the bare bones minimums it requires to operate ??
The vx nano requires its vx manager software installed otherwise it will not have licensing to run the J2534 passthrough.

The j2534 for the nanos has the following setup:
VX Nano <-> Base J2534 Wrapper (Passes calls to next dll) <-> VCX.dll (core encrypted J2534 file with licensing)

If there is no valid licensing, the vcx dll does not pass the full message received from the vehicle causing corrupted/missing data. I have already tried going around it.

Your must have you nano running on the latest firmware to then update the license. The license is then valid for 60days and can be renewed at any time.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Awesome answer Tazzi ... Thank you!

I kinda thought that, that is why I don't have one, I just don't get why people have to do crap like that.
Make a simple thing complicated, or a complicated thing even more complicated. For what, greed, paranoia ...

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Does anyone know of a j2534 tool that isn't bloated with a shipload of shit and hurdles and hoops to jump through ??

Is there even such a thing ...

ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:Does anyone know of a j2534 tool that isn't bloated with a shipload of shit and hurdles and hoops to jump through ??

Is there even such a thing ...
I've tried 2 of the ebay toyota J2534 devices without a lot of luck.. just my reviews of those things..

I have had good luck with the Mdi 1 clones, I've had my hands on 6 of them now. 1 of them developed an issue with the high speed lan and I was doing some testing and let the magic smoke out, now it has an issue with a lot more than the high speed lan. Other than that and an occasional SD card problem They have been good to me.. I use them wireless quite a bit so that's a bonus for me.. Can find them on aliexpress pretty cheap, sure there's other sites as well..
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Yea, picking one has proven to give me a headache on multiple occasions ...

What's the SD card for ??

Yea, smoking kills ...

The1

Post by The1 »

If your just wanting J2534 CAN bus then the cheapest and easiest ive seen is the tactrix clone, this is the one i bought for $29 and it actually arrived within a week via auspost, must have a seller in Aus.

The Genuine drivers from the tactrix website also work.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286274 ... 4c4dhDKYDy
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

The1 wrote:If your just wanting J2534 CAN bus then the cheapest and easiest ive seen is the tactrix clone, this is the one i bought for $29 and it actually arrived within a week via auspost, must have a seller in Aus.

The Genuine drivers from the tactrix website also work.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286274 ... 4c4dhDKYDy
Do you know if it can talk on pin 1 for single wire canbus? It doesn't say anything about J2534 on your link but that is cheap if it does!!!! wonder if there's a wireless model?
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:Yea, picking one has proven to give me a headache on multiple occasions ...

What's the SD card for ??

Yea, smoking kills ...
The SD card holds the OS configuration files? I know it has flash inside, but some of the OS or something is stored on the SD card, no idea why though.. You can't use it without it.. Error with a bad SD card is occasional boots with red beeping and red light on the MDI and fialing to connect with the MDI manager.. something is glitching, I assume they used real real cheap SD cards since when I change it out with a spare the problems go away..
The1

Post by The1 »

unfortunately not

ISO9141, ISO14230, CAN, ISO15765