VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Programs / Tools / Scripts
The1

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Post by The1 »

Just monitored Tech2 doing a flash update using Mode 34 Request Download, Calibration Section im guessing by the looks of the request is 40000 - BFFFF
The1

Post by The1 »

Some info for those that have a MDI and a VXDiag cable, on my system both wont play well together as VXDiag has drivers to emulate MDI for tis2web and gds. I have only being able to get either to work when one is uninstalled. The best ive been able to do is remove VXDiag sps drivers in the manager which will let the MDI work in tis2web and gds and keep vxdiag working in this program and other J2534 stuff, though the MDI will connect in this program it wont send/receive any data. Some funny business with both drivers being on at the same time.

Please post up if youve found out any way to have both existing at the same time.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:Some info for those that have a MDI and a VXDiag cable, on my system both wont play well together as VXDiag has drivers to emulate MDI for tis2web and gds. I have only being able to get either to work when one is uninstalled. The best ive been able to do is remove VXDiag sps drivers in the manager which will let the MDI work in tis2web and gds and keep vxdiag working in this program and other J2534 stuff, though the MDI will connect in this program it wont send/receive any data. Some funny business with both drivers being on at the same time.

Please post up if youve found out any way to have both existing at the same time.
Yeah I have them on separate PCs due to this issue. However I think if you run a Virtual desktop ypu can get away with it.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

The1 wrote:Some info for those that have a MDI and a VXDiag cable, on my system both wont play well together as VXDiag has drivers to emulate MDI for tis2web and gds. I have only being able to get either to work when one is uninstalled. The best ive been able to do is remove VXDiag sps drivers in the manager which will let the MDI work in tis2web and gds and keep vxdiag working in this program and other J2534 stuff, though the MDI will connect in this program it wont send/receive any data. Some funny business with both drivers being on at the same time.

I'm guessing it's registry entry conflicts ... If you're registry comfortable have a look see at,
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PassThruSupport.04.04
of both installations and see if they conflict.

If you are not comfortable let me know ... I ain't skeerd! It's your machine, not mine! :lol: :lol:
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
The1

Post by The1 »

Gampy wrote:

I'm guessing it's registry entry conflicts ... If you're registry comfortable have a look see at,
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PassThruSupport.04.04
of both installations and see if they conflict.

If you are not comfortable let me know ... I ain't skeerd! It's your machine, not mine! :lol: :lol:
Yeh ive checked in there and can't see any issues. The parameters are all their own.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

If you have the entries from both installations I'd sure like to have a copy of them ... in NT4 reg version.

What about under,
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB
What else is common between them ... Do they install in the same locations ??
A dll that is in a common place and gets over written by each other.
Last edited by Gampy on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
The1

Post by The1 »

here's the registry entries in a 7z.

No they their own dll's and i can't see anything in common.
Attachments
passthrusupport.04.04.reg.7z
(1004 Bytes) Downloaded 146 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank you, you caught me editing ... see previous post.

[edit]
Only one reg file, there should be two ... one from each working installation.
Is this one for the MDI or Nano ??
And it would be beneficial for tracing the commonality to ensure nothing is left behind from one installation to the next.

hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

e55 TOOL.png
e55 TOOL.png (7.9 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
Just noticed this. On the end of the version and calibration numbers under read ECU it seems to add a "4" to the end of each.
Part numbers for this ECU should be
The1

Post by The1 »

thanks mate ill debug it.