Few questions to get me started tuning

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Mr DOHC
cars: VP Maloo

Few questions to get me started tuning

Post by Mr DOHC »

Hi, just need a few things clarified before i go out tuning.

My gauge screen is only reading a coolant temp of65-72 degrees, its erratic and i assume this is correct and the sensor is bung, the gauge on the dash is showing normal temp. This will constantly be using whatever multipliers etc as it still thinks its in warm-up mode? FIXED

The History Tables for Wideband state MAP vs RPM, but unlike in the Basic of Tunings instructions, i dont have a Target AFR, so i dont really have an easy way of looking at it and going "oh yes, 2400RPM and 65kpA is equal to 2400rpm/xxVE i need to take out X fuel" What can i do to make that easier to work out?

My O2 volts, running average is all over the shop, between 109-1088. I am running a Spartan 2, are these values right?

So i'll be changing the VE 20-100kpa Volumetric Efficiency etc map for the main fueling, does it always use this or does it target A/F ratio 20-100kpa Air Fuel Ratio vs map and RPM at any stage?

Shitty log attached. could have been better as this was a bit on and off the throttle.
Attachments
1D.xdl
(134.52 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Last edited by Mr DOHC on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'quipt4it

Re: Few questions to get me started tuning

Post by 'quipt4it »

Good to see you're up and running :thumbup:
I would have been surprised if the DS1245Y didn't work in the Kal board. They use a 32 pin socket after all lol.
I remember helping a friend out many years ago with his set-up, and I'm sure it used one of those...

I would rely on the data dash for temps. as long as it registers increases in temp.
Wideband AF/R is selectable in the drop-down menu top left of the 'History Tables' screen.
The O2 values (in millivolts) look right. Starts low and increases with exhaust temp.
Tune the VE table. This is the one to get right for tuning. Turn off VE learn/ closed loop.
Fine tune AF/R's when VE's are done.
Mr DOHC
cars: VP Maloo

Post by Mr DOHC »

'quipt4it wrote:Good to see you're up and running :thumbup:
I would have been surprised if the DS1245Y didn't work in the Kal board. They use a 32 pin socket after all lol.
I remember helping a friend out many years ago with his set-up, and I'm sure it used one of those...
yeah it worked, shame the old battery died. not that the new one was expensive at all
'quipt4it wrote: I would rely on the data dash for temps. as long as it registers increases in temp.
Wideband AF/R is selectable in the drop-down menu top left of the 'History Tables' screen.
The O2 values (in millivolts) look right. Starts low and increases with exhaust temp.
Tune the VE table. This is the one to get right for tuning. Turn off VE learn.
Fine tune AF/R's when VE's are done.
yeah the temp never gets over 72-73 so it never gets out of the cold start are. A new genuine sensor is $33, so i'll grab one of those tomorrow.

I don't have an option for Target ARFs in the history.

VE learn is off
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Your tuning is based off the TunerPro gauge for temp (CTS).
But a reliable dash gauge is pretty handy anyway :lol:
I just opened 12P and it does have Wideband AF/R.
Sorry, wrong ADX. You are right.