J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
gjestico
cars: Various LS swap junk

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Post by gjestico »

This is usb wired. I got a dedicated laptop just for this purpose, Installed the supplied hard drive, Looks like its windows 7 . I have not installed any other programs on it, Dont even know if there is anti virus.
In that 'Device manager' popup that I dont seem to be getting, What version shows on yours ?. Checking that reset tool box does nothing.

One thing I note is that in all the videos I have seen on these clones, They all have the identical serial number as mine, ending in 9579
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Yeah, the clones all have the same serial number.. I can change them on the MDI 1's, I don't have a mdi2 clone so I don't have any ideas on that.. I still have 1 clone with that serial number I think, I'll check and try using sps with it but it has always been working without an issue so I doubt gm blacklisted the serial #..

I'm running mdi version 8.5.33.53, yours should be the same since you downloaded it from bosch.. It says device explorer (v1.5.1.0) on the top of the connection popup where the MDI shows up.. Just to make sure, you are selecting MDI and not mdi2 to try and connect? Should show up a popup even if you chose the wrong one, but want to double check..

if you go to add remove programs are you showing J2534 wrapper as installed? tis2web proxy? honestly don't remember what else is needed, there's a bunch of others but I have techline connect installed and now there's a lot of doubles and extras you probably don't have..

Not sure if windows 7 works anymore? hopefully someone else can chime in with windows 7 still running on something as I have windows 10 on everything now, might have a vm somewhere, I'll try and check..
gjestico

Post by gjestico »

Thats the thing....I never get that device explorer popup so cant choose device...

Ya I show the wrapper installed...version 1.05.1

I see in the online vids that that device explorer version looks like 1.4.8.0 ......hmmmm
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

When the sps page opens there is a settings box on the lower left, click that, then diagnostic, then checkmark the allow old j2534 driver installation and then click ok.. might have to close that sps page and open an new one, see what happens??

I'm about out of ideas, it should work..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6666 This tool I believe will work with your clone, see if this can connect and read your E38 ecu..
gjestico

Post by gjestico »

Still not working. Heres my installed programs
Attachments
sps3.png
kostia111

Post by kostia111 »

what is your system 32 64
Java should be 32
I have a system 64 Java 32 (7 update 21)
and everything works

read somewhere what else is needed
NET Framework

do not wait for a window with the choice of adapter
click next
it will appear
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Few things:
1) Ensure you are running compatible Java
2) Disable any antivirus which could be blocking applications or popups from occurring.
3) Install older version of J2534 wrapper. I am still using very old version since they keep making new mistakes and problems in newer releases
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
gjestico

Post by gjestico »

Thanks Tazzi. I have latest Java download, Is that compatible ? I had a feeling the wrapper might be an issue. No antiviurs (that i see) on the provided disk. But where do I find an older version ? Can you help ?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

gjestico wrote:Thanks Tazzi. I have latest Java download, Is that compatible ? I had a feeling the wrapper might be an issue. No antiviurs (that i see) on the provided disk. But where do I find an older version ? Can you help ?
Might be the wrapper??
I will see if I cant find the one thats installed on my computer.

I have installed 1.04.5.0

I havent updated in a long time for this reason, since if its all working, why update.

Ok so, I cannot find the original installer (j2534installer.msi), but zipped up and attached is my J2534 wrapper which on a 64bit computer needs to be placed at: C:\Program Files (x86)\GM\
Attachments
J2534Wrapper.zip
(4.58 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
gjestico

Post by gjestico »

Thanks Tazzi, I very much appreciate that. I deleted the old wrapper in that location and substituted yours, And I was able to get farther than i have before, All the way to this :
Yes I am using a bench harness. Hitting ok on that window sends everything back to square Zero.
Attachments
sps6.png