160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Using capture vpw from pcm hammer tools. Cable setup hel

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Ok great noted. I will try the knew at setting next time. Yes I should apply a filter that would be helpful I only want to see traffic to and from the bcm address 40, and cluster address 60, and likely view one at a time? How do I setup a filter?

And the help here is amazing thank you all for helping me get some decant logs!!

I was able to see how the tire pressure is changed in the bcm...
50psi is 1d in hex, that’s for the front tire. So now I should be able to lower it past 29psi factory limit as some rock crawlers like to air down to 15psi? I could change the front and rear to 15psi.

Anyway just a few goals here to show why I’m doing this!

Capture the needed info to setup a new bcm without having a Tech 2.
I have a few files stored to the bcm and currently can write a flash to a virgin bcm.
I can setup the sdm serial number, program key fobs without a tech 2, just using a avt 852

-Millage and reading the original bcm file out to, save sbc flash into replacement bcm.

-Millage I can’t find out how it’s so called programmed using the tech 2? I don’t see anywhere That says program Millage only option I have is program sdm, key fobs, tire pressure.

Even if I could some how read the block that the Millage is in? To start With?

The Millage is stored on a small Ic chip 90540 I can desolder the chip and using my homemade bread board using ponyprog I can view the vin, Millage and tire pressure.

Editing this way is cumbersome to say the least and not easy for other DIY poeple.
How can I access the chip via vpw commands? Even if I were to write a custom kernel to do so I need info on the chips addresses. I can’t find a processor manual (gm part number). I want to dissemble the sps kernel to try and find some adresses for the main flash and see if there is any watchdog. But I’ve been unable to do so? The kernel doesn’t seem to want to convert from Motorola S to bin. And running a 8086 disassembly doesn’t do anything to the kernel, likely cause it’s not in bin format.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Awesome!

Honestly, I have never setup a filter on an ELM, so I cannot help you there ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Ok an update I installed the terminal program from avt web site
And typed in two commands
This sets to VPW mode
E1 33
It returns 91 07
Then sets 4x mode
C1 01
Returns
C1 01

Close that program
Run capture serial program with com5 speed 19200
Open log with hxd editor copy paste into word pad. This converts from ASCII to text .

Done!

Only issue is having to manually seporate each line as it is all jumbled

Now I’m still not seeing all the code when it goes to block transfer iff tag drops out.

I need to enable that somehow
Any ideas?
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Mike from avt has Just been so friendly and helpful! He put a script together for me now I see the block transfers! And avt terminal saves the logs nicely separated !

Now the puzzling thing is the way the sps flashes the bcm is so strange!

It cuts the os up not evenly in nice 400 byte chunks but random mess! And the lighting segments not shown At all? Seems strange to me. Maybe I’m still not getting a proper log?