Corrupted DS1245Y

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VX L67 Getrag

Corrupted DS1245Y

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey all,

Wondering if there's any reason's for the ds1245y chips getting corrupted after programming on GQ3 & then slotting in 1 of VL400's amazing nv ram boards & running fine for 2 days & then all of a sudden lost map signal & then obviously couldn't figure out fuel or spark & wouldn't run! :wtf:

Any ideas?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Corrupted DS1245Y

Post by VL400 »

Is it corrupted or just a faulty map? Corruption is pretty rare, plenty of daily drives that have not had a problem a very long time. Have you read the ds contents using the programmer? Lots of random crap or just a couple of bytes?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I hadn't done that test as I wasn't sure it would work.

But here you have it a few random errors! :wtf:

Let me know what you think! You The Man!!!
Attachments
error nv ram.jpg
error nv ram.jpg (79.41 KiB) Viewed 5701 times
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Its outside the cal area and very random, so cannot be corrupt ALDL frames doing it as the write routine blocks it. Could be a power hit thats done it, hard to tell. Try reprogramming and see if it does it again. Would be carrying that memcal tune as a backup though!
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

i always get corruptions on VT onward pcms usually after a few months. never on VS. when i do a dif its not the the cal area. I'm thinking it must be something different in how a VT pcm works seeing as you cant run VS code on a VT.

The other thing to remeber is that the DS1245Y has a max temp rating of 70degC and 85degC on the -IND variants. I try to use the -IND when i can get them but the non -IND ones are usually cheaper and more readily available...
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Yeah the vt chip select for memory mapping is different to the vs pcm. Will look into it more and see if anything can be done better.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Looks like the exact same thing happened, this time I can possibly rule out the ds1245y chip, it was a completely different chip on the same nv ram board & bingo only took 10 mins of driving this time!

I had another nv ram board with different tune on it I was running for 15 mins & no problem!

Then I put the ostrich in it & was fine, so it maybe the nv ram board?

I will do a read on it tomorrow to see if it's the same area that got corrupted!

Not sure if it's going to help but I was logging with TP5 for each of the circumstances, when it happened it looses signal to be able to log!(comes up with errors)

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VL400

Post by VL400 »

If you can get a read of the DS using a programmer that would be handy to see.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I will do, but as it happened on my way home & don't have the programmer home I will do it when I get to work & then the problem is, my modem died at work & waiting for telstra to send out another 1, hopefully I get it today!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Woo Hoo, got my modem!!!!

On a bad note though the ds chip read exactly the same as what I put on it, so my guess is it must be a faulty nv ram board with a bad connection?

Could be where I had to solder the link wire in the 2 pins?

But it was the exact same fault, just didn't corrupt the sram this time, as it lost map signal & just keep flashing error can't log!

I can post up the difference's sheet but no pint as there exactly the same! :sad2: