Making VT-VX ADX

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VX L67 Getrag

Making VT-VX ADX

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I have no idea where to start with the ADX stuff for tp5, Jayme has made a great start on a VT-VX S/c ADX, but I’m having some air flow issues with mine due to the cold air intake & wondered where do I look for the desired airflow for park/neutral & each gear setting to log?

I know how to modify the XDF’s with my eye’s closed almost & know exactly where it is in the XDF, but have no idea how to add it to an ADX?

Any info would be great as it would be lovely to know how to make my own ADX also!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Making VT-VX ADX

Post by VL400 »

You can only log whats in the ALDL stream, we normally define mode 1 message 0 stream for engine and mode 1 message 3/4 for transmission.

In this thread there is some info on each mode .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=10&t=219 . Mode 3 can be used to log custom items if you know the RAM mapping. I am not certain of what your talking about, I know of a learned idle airflow figure but i think thats only with ac on or off. It does some modifiying to the airflow figure in open loop based on gear if thats the one?

To create a ADX you need to first work out the size of the return frame (easy with a serial logger) and then the items - the hard part. GMH used a similar format through the yeasr so once one is found the others follow easily.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I will have to check what it is listed as?

I know it can be logged as I have seen it done, but have to find out what it is called & look for it in the ram area somehow?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

do you mean desired airflow or target air/fuel ratio?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm pretty sure it's desired airflow &/or actual airflow, def not air fuel target!