LS1 Boost OS - Development

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Boostedforlife

Re: LS1 Boost OS - Development

Post by Boostedforlife »

Gampy wrote: Just to be clear so this is not misunderstood by others ...

PCM Logger itself does not cap values!

-Enjoy
Yes I just wanted to let the others know. Figured it was the pcm that had the cap in the bin. Does anyone know the ram address for the 2156 os for map variable? I want to try and log that to see what I get.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

Boostedforlife wrote: Yes I just wanted to let the others know. Figured it was the pcm that had the cap in the bin. Does anyone know the ram address for the 2156 os for map variable? I want to try and log that to see what I get.
Add this to Parameters.RAM.xml

Code: Select all

</RamParameter>
    <RamParameter
    id="Manifold_Pressure"
    name="Manifold_Pressure"
    description="Unconfirmed."
    storageType="uint16"
    bitMapped="False">
    <Location os="12212156" address="0xFFADAE" />
    <Conversion units="kPa" expression="x/51.2" format="0.00" />
</RamParameter>
Add this to your log profile:

Code: Select all

<RamParameters>
	<RamParameter id="Manifold_Pressure" units="kPa" />
</RamParameters>
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

So I've been running my OS for some time now and haven't had any big issues. I've run it up to 20psi (so using both VE maps) and didn't see any issues. I haven't really heard from anyone else that's running the OS, so maybe not that many people are using it.

I had it to the track and on the dyno and it seems to be working as expected except for 1 issue I found while on the dyno. I have the Open Loop EQ Ratio Tables reversed (E0 and E80). Not a huge deal, but it needs to be fixed. I'll update the XDF's and that should fix that.

I did add an additional feature to the OS that's running in my vehicle. I figured out how to use the wide band O2 sensor that I have wired to my unused EGR input for closed loop fueling. Currently I have it so that closed loop is active only when the EQ ratio is 1.0 so when the open loop table goes to a cell that is different than 1.0 EQ it goes into open loop. I haven't tuned any of the closed loop parameters and when just driving around it corrects fairly well. I'm sure with some testing it could be even better.

I believe with some additional work I could also have closed loop active even when WOT.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Pretty awesome, I can't wait to try it on something boosted using one of these earlier PCM's :thumbup:
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Awesome! I'm a bit off getting it onto a boosted vehicle as of yet, but I'm really Interested in utilizing the spark cut setup for a few of our racecars. Any chance you can implement it in a patch for the 5074 OS?
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

bubba2533 wrote: I had it to the track and on the dyno and it seems to be working as expected except for 1 issue I found while on the dyno. I have the Open Loop EQ Ratio Tables reversed (E0 and E80). Not a huge deal, but it needs to be fixed. I'll update the XDF's and that should fix that.
Well, I guess I didn't reverse the tables.

The code in the blending of the tables doesn't allow the E80 EQ ratio to be Leaner than the E0 EQ ratio. Not a huge deal, but it is annoying.
Stokes1114
cars: 93 K1500, 5.7, 4L60E, 16168625 $E6

Post by Stokes1114 »

Definitely gonna be running this in my boosted Sierra. Just haven't quite finished everything mechanically. So far I have no issues running it without boost. Can't wait to try the wideband code out. I've got mine on the EGR pin as well.
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

bubba2533 wrote:Well, I guess I didn't reverse the tables.

The code in the blending of the tables doesn't allow the E80 EQ ratio to be Leaner than the E0 EQ ratio. Not a huge deal, but it is annoying.
If you've found that code that enforces that, I'm guessing you could remove the code that enforces that. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

NSFW wrote:
bubba2533 wrote:Well, I guess I didn't reverse the tables.

If you've found that code that enforces that, I'm guessing you could remove the code that enforces that. :)
Yep, that's the plan. I feel like that's a pretty important feature that I wanted (to be able to run a leaner AFR with E85 vs Gasoline).
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I agree, it seems like a pretty useful thing to do. I'm surprised that the factory code prevents it.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!