VY flash pcm wideband install

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
LSHOUSE
cars: Vy ss turbo X2
vy Ecotec Turbo
various other X17

VY flash pcm wideband install

Post by LSHOUSE »

Hi guys , sorry to ask this I’m sure it has been asked a million times before but I have searched for hours to no avail, but I have an AEM wideband I am looking to install but I have no idea where to start I know the sensor has an out put and the ecu has an input somewhere just need one of you knowledgeable legends to point me in the right direction please and thank you , I have Egr and some other inputs but I have no idea ? If I could get a walk through it would be greatly appreciated cheers
VX L67 Getrag

Re: VY flash pcm wideband install

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sorry I can't really help as I don't have an AEM wideband, but I know the 14point7 can simulate the narrowband to go back for ECU correction.

But thats not really you're question I think to use a spare or input like EGR it would need to have code patched to be able to stop it from working & then allow other input.

Being a flash PCM there's not a hell of a lot thats been done for them as far as custom code as they have too many limitations & most re-pin to suit memcal style, but I do you use wideband when tuning the flash PCM & have it in the logged data but it's not going to work for you unless you have a separate ALDL logger, which aren't being made anymore but people are trying to see if they can get a group batch made.
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

Are you wanting to do that to the VY V6 PCM or the VY LS1 PCM ?
0081 on here has done it with the VY V6 PCM I believe. Maybe shoot him a message.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Assuming VY V6 flash (because you would have said P01 if you meant LS1 PCM, right?) look at the enhanced mod general information here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

You can feed it up the injector monitor pin and disable the error code, not ideal and it's not a 256 widechannel so the range of logging is poor and you'l loose the ability for the injector voltage adjustment table to work.

I tested all the inputs on that pcm and there is no spares unlike the memcal pcm's which i mapped 2 extra spares to use.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

As OZ38 mentioned I have been running the flash and have had success with logging additional data like wideband, boost, fuel pressure and cooler water temp, but not all at the same time.
I can log 2 of the first 3 at any time and if you have a manual you can use the auto trans temp input to log temperature. I log water retuning to my revivor after it has left the W2A core as I have a manual trans.

But like The1 mentioned there is no spare inputs you end up repurposing some of the existing inputs on the PCM

I mostly used the injector mon line like The1 talked about but also used the EGR input as well as I converted from a NA motor to a L67. The EGR input has less resolution from memory but its been over 10 years since I played around with it and it was good enough for what I needed. There was a trick with it but. I needed to send the signal into the EGR line once the motor was running. Trying to feed a signal into the EGR before the motor was running resulted in garbage in Tuner Pro

The below picture is using the injector mon line to log the wideband.
AFR.PNG
AFR.PNG (18.43 KiB) Viewed 5986 times
Below picture is logging fuel pressure, not sure if it was on the injector mon line or EGR. I think it was the injector mon
Fuel pressure sensor.PNG
Below picture is logging boost. I'm sure this is the EGR and you can see the graph is not as smooth as the above two.
IAT and MAP.PNG
I cant seem to find the picture of logging water temp, played around with it years back but only recently got it installed and running.

To get it all working you will need to edit Tuner Pro and enter the calculation, working these out can be tricky but if you post all the info you have some people on here will like be able to help out.
If you are running a manual you can test the temp input by using the temp sensor in the air box. I had a spare kicking around for my testing.
LSHOUSE
cars: Vy ss turbo X2
vy Ecotec Turbo
various other X17

Post by LSHOUSE »

Thank you guys I’m sorry for the later reply as I ended up just just using multiple sets of eyes and sorting it that way not the best but made it work and forgot about the post terribly sorry I really to check this awesome site for reply’s a lot more often
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You can click 'subscribe topic' in the bottom left hand corner if you want an email alert when a thread you want to watch gets an update. The forums will email you on the first reply, and then not again until it sees you have logged in. So if you ignore the email on a busy thread you wont get mailbombed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396