Programs / Tools / Scripts
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by hjtrbo »

Tazzi wrote:
hjtrbo wrote:Have a feeling k line is also for comms to the ZF in BF and FG Falcons.

Pretty sure FG should be CAN? Since Ford uses the high speed can with FEPs pin to go into flashing mode :thumbup:
Yeeha cool, was just not remembering some stuff that I have forgotten. Diagnostics?

There is a guy on youtube somewhere that has demo'd a nice little flash tool that bench flashes the ZF TCM. At the time of recording they did not have adapt resets working yet. Weird though as Jag and BMW stuff is no problem. Just the Aussie delivered boxes for the Falcons seem to be the odd ball. If you can get the adapt reset working for the Falcon market there will be ALOT of workshops that will buy your tool! Currently the only way I know of yet is to use PCMTEC, license the vehicle and perform a small procedure to get the adapts to reset. I personally haven't tried it but their forum responses reports it as working. IDS and Forscan do not have adapts reset procedures.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

Will the gt work with Forscan? My nano works with hs-can and ms-can but no live data and no older vpm (or whatever the elm will work with on older Ford's)

Edit: got car fixed, was loose hs-CAN pin in harness between rest of car and ECM/tcm. Retested live data and it now works. Was intermittent connection issue causing no live data.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Cincinnatus wrote:Will the gt work with Forscan? My nano works with hs-can and ms-can but no live data and no older vpm (or whatever the elm will work with on older Ford's)

Edit: got car fixed, was loose hs-CAN pin in harness between rest of car and ECM/tcm. Retested live data and it now works. Was intermittent connection issue causing no live data.
The GT would work with forscan for HS CAN modules such as the engine/transmission, but it not suitable for anything on the MS CAN line since we physically cannot fit another relay to switch pins from HSCAN to MSCAN.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Cincinnatus
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

Curious, isn't ms-can on the j1850 pins? You already use those so wondering why implementation would require another relay?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Cincinnatus wrote:Curious, isn't ms-can on the j1850 pins? You already use those so wondering why implementation would require another relay?
MS CAN is on pins 3 and 11.

J1850 VPW is on pin 2 :thumbup:
Cincinnatus
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

My bad, I scoped the hs-can pins and used a pic that labeled pins 3 and 11 as j1850pwm ms-can for Ford. Thought they were same pins as vpw for gm but that's incorrect. Surprised the gm nano works with Ford hs and ms can. Any reverse engineering of the nano? License is only drawback for me.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Cincinnatus wrote:My bad, I scoped the hs-can pins and used a pic that labeled pins 3 and 11 as j1850pwm ms-can for Ford. Thought they were same pins as vpw for gm but that's incorrect. Surprised the gm nano works with Ford hs and ms can. Any reverse engineering of the nano? License is only drawback for me.
Interesting, my gm nano doesnt switch to MS CAN, I figured they must have only made that available for the VX Nano for Ford.

The OBDX GT supports the MS CAN baud rate (125kb/s), but we do not have a relay in the unit to switch to MS CAN pins (pin 3 and 11).. since we simply dont have the room!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

maybe you need an adapter or people can homebrew an interface to swap 3,11 to whatever pins are normally high speed can?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Cincinnatus
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

I am basing this off Forscan stating half the modules are on the ms-can bus, and I was able to communicate with them and perform calibrations on them. I have the newest firmware in my nano, but in order to keep license and functionality, I expect everyone does. This was with Forscan 2.4.5
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:maybe you need an adapter or people can homebrew an interface to swap 3,11 to whatever pins are normally high speed can?
A little DIY guide to show swapping from HSCAN to MSCAN would be a good method/alternative :thumbup:
Couple connectors and little bit of wire, could have a little DIY guide that could be built for under $10.
Cincinnatus wrote:I am basing this off Forscan stating half the modules are on the ms-can bus, and I was able to communicate with them and perform calibrations on them. I have the newest firmware in my nano, but in order to keep license and functionality, I expect everyone does. This was with Forscan 2.4.5
I guess they must have added a relay to their tool design over the years to allow switching pins? Either way, the GT will technically connect, just wont be able to select those pins for now.