Ford MG1 .bin Flashing Software Recommendation

Ford information and tools can be found here
blueovaltech
cars: Ford Mustang
Ford Explorer

Ford MG1 .bin Flashing Software Recommendation

Post by blueovaltech »

Hello to all, and thank you to the admins for the approval. Been searching a bit here, and really happy to be part of the group here now!

I'm a novice, and currently working on correcting the OSID of this Ford MG1 (Identifies as MG1CS018 in WinOLS, TC-298 B in HPTuners), vehicle is a 2020 Ford Explorer/3.0L Gas.

I have a .bin file that I need to load onto the ECU to correct the OSID, but I'm currently stuck looking for an appropriate program to load the .bin file. I have found a few that I believe will work, some more professional and expensive than others, but wanted to see if anyone here had some experience/recommendations as well.

BitBox with the appropriate Ford module states it can do MG1 via CAN/OBD port, as does PCM Flash. I have a Ford VCM2 as a pass-through device.

Any suggestions or tips?
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Ford MG1 .bin Flashing Software Recommendation

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I think your best bet might be Kess/Ktag if it supports which I'm pretty sure it would.
blueovaltech
Ford Explorer

Post by blueovaltech »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:I think your best bet might be Kess/Ktag if it supports which I'm pretty sure it would.
Thank you!

I took a look at the supported vehicles list, and would agree it does appear to support the processor I have. Although the vehicle is not listed, it does support vehicles that use the same processor.
blueovaltech
Ford Explorer

Post by blueovaltech »

So I'm on Ksuite 2.53 and it looks like this processor isn't supported.

Might have to move over to PCM Flash/BitBox/MMC Flasher....
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I think PCMflash have a pretty good support for most Ford controllers, another that may be cheaper & easier(you don't have to purchase security dongle) is TGflash
blueovaltech
Ford Explorer

Post by blueovaltech »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Yeah I think PCMflash have a pretty good support for most Ford controllers, another that may be cheaper & easier(you don't have to purchase security dongle) is TGflash
Thank you.

Do you think that would be compatible with Ford? It does not show as listed on there, just BMW.

Still on the hunt!
eric28
cars: ford

Post by eric28 »

Ezlynk, bitbox, and pcmflash do it.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

Pcmtec supports this processor and has 30k parameters maped for the 3.0 operating systems including datalogging . We also have a multi tune capable custom os for it with variable boost levels changeable on the fly, rolling anti lag etc.

http://www.pcmtec.com/contactus